03 Foglamp & Bulb Replacement

Started by Anonymous, September 17, 2003, 14:25

Anonymous

Further to my recent bit of bad luck with a stone verses foglamp. The replacement lamp costs approx £47 plus VAT. Replacement is advisable with the bumper removed and it clips in onto the bumper assembly from the front. There is also an adjustment facility which is best left until just before the wheel well liner is re-attached.
Bulb replacement is the good old bayonet fitting and can be achieved by unbolting the bottom of the liner and pulling back. Leaving just enough room to get your hand in.

Slacey

Not too bad then. I'm surprised, I expected it to be a lot more, so it's a bit of a result really   s:) :) s:)
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

juansolo

faaaaaar to much like hard work.   It stays broken then   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

mph

Quote from: "juansolo"faaaaaar to much like hard work.   It stays broken then
Pah, says he whom owns a trackday nail.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

juansolo

True, true.  But bearding is expected on that.  With the engine being hard mounted you actually expect to have to go around the car after a good track day and tighten everything back up.  It's part of the fun (sort of).  The Mr2 is supposed to be the opposite of that (mostly it is).  I get in, I drive, I get out, no hassle.  It's a no bearding zone.

I also fail to see any value I'd get from swapping a broken spotlamp that I don't use.   s:) :) s:)
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

filcee

Quote from: "juansolo"faaaaaar to much like hard work.   It stays broken then   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

-er- I'm no expert, but if a light is fitted, then doesn't the law say it should be working?
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Slacey

Quote from: "filcee"
Quote from: "juansolo"faaaaaar to much like hard work.   It stays broken then   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

-er- I'm no expert, but if a light is fitted, then doesn't the law say it should be working?
Yep, it does - not sure if the police would notice a fog if you were stopped (or is it obvious it is smashed?), and it would fail an MOT, but it probably isn't due one just yet!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tags: