Fixing My molten Roadster

Started by markiii, March 13, 2006, 08:47

heathstimpson

With the site of the initial damage, and the improvements you have made since stripping her down it's a surprisingly small outlay Mark  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Good to hear you went through the MOT ok; see ya the weekend  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

You'll hear him first, with that exhaust...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Ekona"You'll hear him first, with that exhaust...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Is it really that loud  s:?: :?: s:?:    s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

As Mark put it, the car sounds like it belongs in NASCAR!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s8) 8) s8)

He thinks he's going to try and quieten it down, but he doesn't know yet I'm going to convince him otherwise  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

kanujunkie

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "Ekona"You'll hear him first, with that exhaust...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Is it really that loud  s:?: :?: s:?:    s8) 8) s8)

lets put it this way, i was following on the test run and i couldn't hear my engine!!
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

markiii

biggest problem is with te hardtop on, resonance is nasty
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

kanujunkie

Quote from: "markiii"biggest problem is with te hardtop on, resonance is nasty

now theres an interesting one, guess you'll leave it at home for JAE then?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Got mine MOT'd when I bought it, so I did not have to come back to that after my holiday......it passed  s8) 8) s8)  

Glad to hear you are up and running Mark, my exhaust is not that loud, but the wrap certainly did not make it any quieter

markiii

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "markiii"biggest problem is with te hardtop on, resonance is nasty

now theres an interesting one, guess you'll leave it at home for JAE then?

teh car or the roof?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

TommyD

Mark, think you need to take a ride in mine and hear what a decent exhaust sounds like on the Hass set up.
[size=100]Sable MR2[/size], David\'s Bars, TTE Rear Sports Spoiler, TRD side skirts, TRD front cross brace, Lampka rear cross brace and under bracing, Whiteline swaybars, Whiteline spings, 2\'srus Drop links, RPS clutch

markiii

Quote from: "TommyD"Mark, think you need to take a ride in mine and hear what a decent exhaust sounds like on the Hass set up.

I think your right

just need to rob a bank to pay fot it, actually you didn't buy 2 did you  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

TommyD

s:D :D s:D   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  No only the one
[size=100]Sable MR2[/size], David\'s Bars, TTE Rear Sports Spoiler, TRD side skirts, TRD front cross brace, Lampka rear cross brace and under bracing, Whiteline swaybars, Whiteline spings, 2\'srus Drop links, RPS clutch

BenF

Mark, good to see you've got the car fixed, and look forwards to seeing it out on track again soon  - £230 for the parts is very, very good!

I'll definitely be looking fowards to a nose around it this weekend to see what you've done - I'm tempted to get some exhaust wrap for mine as I've noticed the intake temps getting high in slow traffic as the exhaust is close to the intake filter.

One thing I noticed from the pics - are you really using cable ties to keep the exhaust wrap in place ...?
Chargecooled PE Turbo, Unichip, TRD Front brace, Corky's Breastplate, Tein SS springs.

markiii

Quote from: "BenF"One thing I noticed from the pics - are you really using cable ties to keep the exhaust wrap in place ...?

yep but teh proper metal ones designed for teh purpose   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

kanujunkie

H&S used locking wire on mine the other day, seems to work well plus i have a plentiful supply of it  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

spit

Not worth a new thread, and someone reading this will know the answer  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Can you re-use Nordlock washers, or will they fall apart when I take the manifold off?
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

GSB

Nord-locks are completley reusable, just remember to put both washers back under the nut when you refasten, as they dont work when not installed in pairs.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

kanujunkie

do make sure you inspect them well though Ste, i've had one crack already, i can feel another GB happening soon
[size=100]Stu[/size]

spit

I think thats a good idea. Be handy to have a dozen spares on the shelf.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

kanujunkie

i'll look into it then
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tags: