How Much To Replace The Stock Bridgestone Potenza's

Started by Anonymous, March 13, 2006, 14:08

edward.carter

yep should be fine as long as you have same make of tyres all way round, i have finally after 11 months got rid of the rubbishy nankangs it came with and put matching proxes on and the front end of the car feels completely different, tyre walls not flexing, steerign feels much sharper and much more precise, feedback through proxes compared with nankangs, unbelievable!!

Anonymous

Went into Kwik Fit last night to see what they would say and to get a quote, my 2 back tyres are already illegal and the front have 0.4 left in them.

Looks like I will need to get 4 new tyres so got a quote for the Bridgestone from them £370.00........some people would just go ahead and pay that without trying to get them cheaper elsewhere.  The guy said they do a price match if I can find it cheaper elsewhere, what would I need to do, print off a website with the cheaper price or just phone Kwik Fit and tell them where I can get them cheaper so they will match then?

So now I need 4 new tyres what should I look at in the same price bracket as the Bridgestone, they are already going to cost me in excess of £210 so I don't want to pay much more than this, this is a lot of money and that is before my MOT is even done.

markiii

4 new T1Rs will cost you around £160
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

aaronjb

Quote from: "markiii"4 new T1Rs will cost you around £160

Indeed.   m http://www.mytyres.co.uk m

185x55R15 - £40.70 each
205x50R15 - £46.60 each

Grand total of £174.60.

Search past threads, there was one recently with recommendations of online tyre suppliers, including one who will come to your house/work and fit them for you, all for far cheaper than KwikFit.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Right spoon feed me here please   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

The local place that was selling the Bridgestone for the same price as My Tyres, If I phone them for a price what do I ask for.

Full Name of Tyre And Sizes Please.............???

Thanks

markiii

Toyo Proxies T1R in teh sizes aaron listed above
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Just phoned and the price they want is:
£52.72 & 54.48 so looks like mytyres are cheaper and will order them from there.

Are these the favoured tyres then lads for all year round normal driving?

Anonymous

Just phoned Kwik Fit to see if they would do a price match, they said they can't get the Toyo Proxies but would give me Khumo's for the same price.

What is better, Khumo or Toyo's????

I think maybe they can get Toyo's but they are too expensive to price match

markiii

your making this way to complex, go to etyres and have them come to you and fit them.

Kwik Fit are crap anyway

edward.carter

id say toyo's

Anonymous

Mark I don't need them fitted, my brother is a mechanic and will get them fitted for free when I get the MOT done, I'm just trying to get the cheapest deal on the best tyres and Kwik Fit are right at the end of my street

markiii

in that case even easier  w www.mytyres.co.uk w

Anonymous

Yes does look like they are the cheapest BUT the reason I went back to KWIK FIT is because if I could get them there it would have been easier as I could have just picked them up.........

edward.carter

mytyres deliver, they deliver for free, they can deliver to your house, your work or your brothers garage, delivery estimate on my email was about a week, i think they came in about 3 days!!

roger

Ordered Toyos from mytyres for daughter's Puma (cheapest I could find) on Monday, and despite the site saying there could be a 7 day delay, they arrived today at Silverstone Performance.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Nightmare.....4 new tyres in April this year, washing the car in Sunday and noticed a nail in the back tyre, it hasn't made the tyre go down yet but will need to try and get it repaired if I can.

If I need a new tyre please tell me i don't need to replace all 4 again, only just done that recently.....Ahhhhhh !

Liz

Personally I would not replace all 4, why pay out when you don't have to?? I would just  do the two on the back,  I would not be happy running one new tyre and one old one...you may get lucky with a repair though.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Fingers crossed Liz because I can't justify 2 new tyres at this time of the year.

normanh

Just replaced all my tyres in one hit with T1 R's cost me £232 fitted, yes you can get then cheaper on the interent but when I looked into the fitting costs it was far easier ordering them from local trye depot as I didnt have to drag them around for fitting. In my area it seems most plces charge £10 plus vat to fit so the cost savings are basically knocked on the head by purchaing on the internet unless you have a good cheap place to get them fitted. Dont skimp on tyres!!!!

normanh

Anonymous

I went to Budget after work yesterday and got the bad news that I need a new tyre.  I'm running about with the nail in it as not buying a new tyre until it goes down   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

roger

Quote from: "daz8365"I went to Budget after work yesterday and got the bad news that I need a new tyre.  :

Are you sure? As long as the tyre wall is OK a repair SHOULD be possible. Maybe not ideal, but possible.

QuoteI'm running about with the nail in it as not buying a new tyre until it goes down  :lol

Might be a bit late then, and don't go over 30mph! Or even 20mph!

And please, if you are not buying 2 tyres (you did say the others are fairly new, so tread depth will be similar - I hope) you MUST get the same make / model, or you are asking for trouble.

Otherwise we will be getting the "lost it on a roundabout" post from you.   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
Roger

Anonymous

The nail is right on the edge mate so he said he can't fix it, may take into Kwik Fit for a second opinion.

The guy at budget was trying to get me another tyre but I told him it needs to be a Toyo, defo not mixing my tyres Roger, not after everything I have read on here.

I reckon the nail has been in it for a while as I have been checking the air pressure and it has been going down a few psi each week, should be ok if I just keep maintaining the pressure.

Liz

<<NAG MODE ON>>  You ought to think about what you are doing with driving around with a nail in it like that, what if you had a blow out at speed??...don't only think of yourself, its other motorists around you as well. <<NAG MODE OFF>>
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

roger

Quote from: "daz8365"The nail is right on the edge mate so he said he can't fix it, may take into Kwik Fit for a second opinion.

The guy at budget was trying to get me another tyre but I told him it needs to be a Toyo, defo not mixing my tyres Roger, not after everything I have read on here.

I reckon the nail has been in it for a while as I have been checking the air pressure and it has been going down a few psi each week, should be ok if I just keep maintaining the pressure.

s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D
Roger

Anonymous

That will be me told then!

Liz no need to slap me that hard....  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Tags: