Things to do for my C2 turbo install - please help

Started by philster_d, March 15, 2006, 13:35

philster_d

Here is my to do list for Hungary and going C2 power.

I have alot to do and buy in only 2 weeks. Any tips, links or suppliers greatfuly accepted.
--------------------------------------
Philster
    MOT
    Fit Pre Radiator
    Engine Mounts - Kirks
    Wideband O2 sensor
    Charge cooler Pump    - Got one from Subaru legacy 2.5T
    charge cooler             - Got one from Subaru legacy 2.5T
    charge cooler radiator   - Got one from Subaru legacy 2.5T
    Navpod
    Chargcooler pipework enquire on IMOC - *done*
("Many use 3/4inch Plastic hosing found cheaply and easily in Aquarium / pond shops " Also use the 3/4" "L" connectors from the same shop for 90degree bends - to prevent "kinking" - all nicely tightened up with jubilee clips)

Insurance
    Check for new mods cover  - Done now insured at £1008 includes coilovers (added £150 to my remaining 5 or so months *still half my last modded tubby insurance*)
    Cover for drive to hugary  -  Done Green card on its way to me along with the insurance changes
    Extend limited mileage  -  Done to unlimited

ferry booking and times
European car rules and reqs

Markiii's list
    Locking K-nuts (high temp) Demon Tweeks (ask gas for sizes)
    USB Cable for e-manage
    E-manage pressure extention harness
    E-manage ignition harness
    E-manage accessories harness - for wideband o2 sensor
    CAT 5 cable to extend profec display from control box location

Gaspar items
    C2 kit
    E-manage
    Profec
    Clutch

Spending money

Follow up activities......  ? ?  ?  ?
    replace nuts with  ? ? ? ? ?  (cant remember the name? Nylock or something?)

And............

markiii

replace nuts with nylocks

emanage harness is

m http://www.boomslang.us/shop.htm m

should mean you don't have to buy teh ignition harness if you go for teh right one.

stil missed off teh european breakdown cover
 and leave passenger seat out so you can everything back
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

aaronjb

Quote from: "markiii"replace nuts with nylocks

nylocks on the exhaust bits would seem like a bad idea to me - the nylon will probably melt..

Oval nuts would be a good one, though (single use, they deform to grip the stud by becoming round), or use the old trick - one thick copper nut followed by a thin half-thickness copper nut wound on to the back of the first.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

kanujunkie

i really wouldn't fit the chargecooler Phil, this could create more problems than its worth for Gas, i'll fit the rad for you but do the guy a favour and dont fit it.
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

markiii

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "markiii"replace nuts with nylocks

nylocks on the exhaust bits would seem like a bad idea to me - the nylon will probably melt..

Oval nuts would be a good one, though (single use, they deform to grip the stud by becoming round), or use the old trick - one thick copper nut followed by a thin half-thickness copper nut wound on to the back of the first.

eekk didn't mean exhaust I meant intercooler brackets and that kind of thing
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

aaronjb

Quote from: "markiii"eekk didn't mean exhaust I meant intercooler brackets and that kind of thing

Ahh ok.. I'll shut up now  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

spit

You: Passport, Driving License, Logbook, Holiday insurance, Camera & phrase book, card PIN numbers, GBP cash (you never know what it'll buy you!), Map/GPS European Maps, Wig and medallion  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Car (optional): Cable ties, Gaffer tape and basic tools - just in case. Euro breakdown cover - again, just in case (and you generally have to notify them in advance that you're going).

re. IGN harness - Gas doesn't map IGN as standard, but I'm guessing you've arranged to have this done?

Worth making sure you have the latest firmware upgrade for wideband too, but this is available online.

Follow-up activities: bring back Ste's sandwich plate and haggle for a MAF-TB pipe for me?
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Quote from: "spit"Car (optional): Cable ties, Gaffer tape and basic tools - just in case.

9 mm to 12 mm box wrenches and a couple of screw drivers should do it. Gloves as well if you end up having to work on any hot bits.

spit

I'd also go with a smaller hex ratchet socket to tighten the jubilee clips if necessary (6mm I think, or is it 8?) - so much easier on your knuckles than using a screwdriver  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

philster_d

Work on hot bits - ?

I honestly wouldnt have a clue, thats a risk I guess

Anonymous

Phil, definately get yourself a pair of welder's mitts: They're pretty much heat-resistant, and if a bolt or clamp comes loose on the way back, you'll definately need them on to work anywhere near a hot turbo/exhaust.

Trust me on this, I had to do some emergency repairs about 30mins after leaving Mark's house the first time after my install. They're only about a fiver anyway, and will be worth their weight in gold should you need them.

philster_d

Whats in the european car rules ? triangle, first aid kit etc?

Also who said they can lend me the stuff? was it you stu ?

Ill call the aa tomorow i am a member already.

markiii

twas me, I have bulbs, and warning triangle and tow rope

you will need to get a fire extinguisher

you may also want o see the new driving abroad thread above us.

Anonymous

philster_d

Germany > none unless shown

yay

markiii

Germany

On unrestricted sections of autobahn if your travelling at over 120Kmh iand have an accident it's assumed to be your fault, period.

Bongo

What if both parties are doing > 120?

philster_d

Code reader - For european car  - Anyone got a link to the correct thing ?

I dont even know what they look like.

Yes spare seat out, where do I get the wideband 02 thing (and what ?)

Philster.

philster_d

To buy list

Item.................................Suggested supplier

Navpod.............................Japan Parts
Engine Mounts...................
Wideband O2 sensor..........
Pipework + Corners........... B&Q or Aquarium shop
Jubilie Clips.......................
Ferry Tickets or Eurostar....
Fire extinguisher...............
Dark blanket to cover things up in the car............
Locking K-nuts.................. Demon Tweeks

USB Cable for e-manage
E-manage pressure extention harness
E-manage ignition harness
E-manage accessories harness - for wideband o2 sensor ------- see below ? ? ?

Plug and play for e-manage............ m http://www.boomslang.us/shop.htm m  
...............includes Main, injector and ignition............How many of the above does this cover ? ? ?

markiii

Phil,

that harness simply means you don't need teh ignition harness, you will still need the others.

ref teh Knuts you need to order them this week, if you gettiung them in time

ref code reader you can borrow my pocketlogger if that helps.

philster_d

I still want one anyway

I asked gas the bolt sizes but he hasnt replied yet.

i need to confirm with him im comming and book the ferry etc...

Phil

Anonymous

Phil i still have my wideband O2 that i used with my PE setup if your interested. Here for details it's the m-300  m http://www.plxdevices.com/M-Series_productinfo.htm m

Tem

Quote from: "philster_d"Code reader - For european car  - Anyone got a link to the correct thing ?

I dont even know what they look like.

Here's what I have:
 m http://cgi.ebay.com/OBD-2-CHECK-ENGINE- ... dZViewItem m

IIRC, Slacey had the same and it's quite popular on the other side of the pond..
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

philster_d

Thanks Tem.

Now I told my GF she is realy upset.  She is begging me not to go, even if I have to pay more to get it delivered etc. Also shes worried me driving that far alone.

s:? :? s:?

spit

Why not go together and make a holiday of it?

Tags: