Things to do for my C2 turbo install - please help

Started by philster_d, March 15, 2006, 13:35

markiii

I really wish I could make it to go with you mate  s:-( :-( s:-(
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

philster_d

any more suggestions for suppliers ?

Item.................................Suggested supplier

Navpod.............................Japan Parts
Engine Mounts...................
Wideband O2 sensor..........
Pipework + Corners........... B&Q or Aquarium shop
Jubilie Clips.......................
Ferry Tickets or Eurostar....
Fire extinguisher...............
Dark blanket to cover things up in the car............
Locking K-nuts.................. Demon Tweeks

USB Cable for e-manage
E-manage pressure extention harness
E-manage accessories harness - for wideband o2 sensor

Ebay for these harnesses  ? ? ? ?

Will that, offered above, wideband o2 thingy work for me ?

Thanks for the answers tomorow will be order everything day (I hope)

Phil

markiii

Engine mounts Kirkosauras (SC)
emanage cables  w www.mohdparts.com w
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

markiii

that wideband o2 should be fine

philster_d

OK so heres the list of parts to get so far and ...... a supplier

Item.................................Suggested supplier

Navpod.............................Japan Parts
Engine Mounts...................Kirkosauras (SC)
Wideband O2 sensor.......... mrs-turbo ?
Pipework + Corners........... B&Q or Aquarium shop
Jubilie Clips.......................
Ferry Tickets or Eurostar....
Fire extinguisher...............
Dark blanket to cover things up in the car............
Locking K-nuts.................. Demon Tweeks

USB Cable for e-manage................www.mohdparts.com
E-manage pressure extention harness..........www.mohdparts.com
E-manage accessories harness - for wideband o2 sensor...........www.mohdparts.com

Still hoping to get on the ordering trail tomorow

Didnt hear from Gas for a day or too... ooops    s:? :? s:?   well im acting as if all systems go.

Philster.

spit

Quote from: "philster_d"Didnt hear from Gas for a day or too... ooops    s:? :? s:?   well I'm acting as if all systems go.

Philster.

Don't panic Phil, I spoke with Gas last night and he is expecting you - he is just ridiculously busy at the mo making bespoke parts for fussy C2 customers  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

philster_d

I need those bolt sizes or ill miss the boat so to speak   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"emanage harness is

m http://www.boomslang.us/shop.htm m

should mean you don't have to buy the ignition harness if you go for the right one.

Got mine today, awesome piece of wiring-goodness. Not tried it yet, but it looks sexeh enough.  s8) 8) s8)

Let me know if you want it, Phil.

Anonymous

Quote from: "philster_d"Engine Mounts...................Kirkosauras (SC)
Philster.

Folks have been using the 3M window weld for the motor mounts as well. There is a write up on Spyderchat somewhere...

kanujunkie

Quote from: "barkingspyder"
Quote from: "philster_d"Engine Mounts...................Kirkosauras (SC)
Philster.

Folks have been using the 3M window weld for the motor mounts as well. There is a write up on Spyderchat somewhere...

Phil knicked my unfitted kirks mounts today and is going to replace them when he gets his delivered, fingers crossed, no window weld  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

TommyD

Phil,
If you want a OBD reader, I can recommend a Car-Pal from Vital Engineering.
http://www.car-pal.net

You can use it with a PC, Pocket PC or Mobile phone with blue tooth. With the laptop software you can even record 0-60 times   s:D :D s:D
[size=100]Sable MR2[/size], David\'s Bars, TTE Rear Sports Spoiler, TRD side skirts, TRD front cross brace, Lampka rear cross brace and under bracing, Whiteline swaybars, Whiteline spings, 2\'srus Drop links, RPS clutch

LeeUK

Quote from: "spit"- he is just ridiculously busy at the mo making bespoke parts for fussy C2 customers  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Would that be me?   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Anonymous

The bolts are M8. My english is not good enought to unserstand what you want to do with them, but I am sure we can lock them for you not to get loose.

LeeUK

Gas, let me know the best way to keep these bolts locked on, as Markiii who has the Hass kit had his bolts drop out and he ended melting half his engine bay.

Cheers

Lee
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

markiii

Gas just to be clear the studs I had a problem with sheared, and were manifold to turbo

Anonymous

What we use now is the cast iron manifolds with studs and not bolts and locking mothers. Does it help?
I am suggesting a drilled small hole and some "cable??" thru in it like on race applications. Easier and faster solution to point weld them after install.

Anonymous

Quote from: "LeeUK"Gas, let me know the best way to keep these bolts locked on, as Markiii who has the Hass kit had his bolts drop out and he ended melting half his engine bay.

Cheers

Lee

Loosing the turbo bolts would couse less air and run rich in mi view.

spit

Quote from: "LeeUK"
Quote from: "spit"- he is just ridiculously busy at the mo making bespoke parts for fussy C2 customers  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Would that be me?   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

No I think you're sorted Lee - Gas is fixing me up a sandwich plate.

Phil, Gas's cast manifold arrangement sounds like you should be OK. I need to get me one of these - although a little realignment of my DP will be required, and maybe an adjustment of the turbo brace. But after seeing how welds can crack I think this will be a good investment.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

aaronjb

Has anyone got any pics of the cast manifolds (Gas?)? Very interested to see one  s:) :) s:)  (sorry Phil, slight drift!)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

LeeUK

I'll second that, my box of goodies should arrive soon but I'm too impatient!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  Pics pics pics!   s:D :D s:D
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

Anonymous

My cam was stolen 2 weeks ago. I managed to get one today. Making pics sirs  s:) :) s:)

aaronjb

Quote from: "c2gas"My cam was stolen 2 weeks ago. I managed to get one today. Making pics sirs  s:) :) s:)

Excellent  s:) :) s:)  Thanks Gas!

Now I'll let you all get back to talking about Phil's imminent arrival  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

philster_d

I wish I had a time lapse camera, then I could make a wicked movie of the journey across europe.

s:( :( s:(

edward.carter

Quote from: "philster_d"I wish I had a time lapse camera, then I could make a wicked movie of the journey across europe.

s:( :( s:(

could stop every mile or so and take a photo lol and then when you got back stitch them all together   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

philster_d

I saw one that was a drive accross america it was so cool.

Tags: