Things to do for my C2 turbo install - please help

Started by philster_d, March 15, 2006, 13:35

Tem

Quote from: "philster_d"I wish I had a time lapse camera, then I could make a wicked movie of the journey across europe.

Can you remote fire your camera? Timers are easy to build.  s8) 8) s8)

(you actually have an adjustable timer in your car, the heated rear window is through one)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

spynish

Phil,

think I may be younger than you, I just took the insurance company paper, my identification and drove...

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

P.S: Ups, took bro also...  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

markiii

Phil,

if you need me to help with the exhaust it needs to be tommorow evening or thursday
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

LeeUK

Markiii if I get the kit tomorrow or thursday, is it worth me popping by with it so you and phil can have a look.  Hopefully tomorrow as i'm overexcited  s:D :D s:D  .
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

markiii

if you've got it tommorow then yeah go for it

I'll PM u my mob number
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

spit

Be interested in getting some pics of the manifold and revised downpipe/cat/box assy if you got a mo Lee.

Enjoy!

Ste
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

philster_d

Woo hoo passed my MOT

markiii

excellent, 12 months pain free  :-) :-) :-)

Anonymous

finally could upload some pics. Here are the manifold and my setup pics.

Anonymous

Lee!! Make sure when you get the kit to check the manifold inside. No slugs should be left in them. It is better to check again then shorten the life of turbo.

philster_d

Not long gas. how are we looking ?     s:D :D s:D

spynish

That manifold seems very strong...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

spit

Very nice Gas.

.......driiiiift.......

Does this mean we need longer studs on the cylinder head now, or are you using extended nuts?
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

markiii

Gas,

quick question, since this is cast how difficult would it be to weld on 02 bungs? granted yoru kit doesn't need them but I'm toying with something

cheers

Mark.

Anonymous

I wwould rather drill the right size of holle and cut the right thred in it. It would hold fine. Since it has been heat treated any welding makes it sensible on cracking.

Anonymous

Guys I need a good used or new inexpensive suspension kit and wheels with drag radials or with drag tires. Please help me or my car will never run good times. I allready almost killed myself 3 times after 2 days of use on my MR2. It is extremly dangerous to have that much power on the stock susp andd tires.
Thanks in advance
Gas

philster_d

Mine has teins, Gas, you can see  what they are like next week.

Anonymous

Quote from: "philster_d"Mine has teins, Gas, you can see  what they are like next week.
Could you breing your stock ones along (if you have place for them especiall the rear ones) I am pretty sure something is just not ok on my car, but cannot figure it out what.... s:( :( s:( (

philster_d

errrk  Engine light came on this morning on the way to work.

Could that be related to our exhaust change last night ?

It was fine all the way home from marks.

/Philster.

markiii

possible

you have a code reader near you phil?

philster_d

looks around F$%^ I knew i needed to buy one arrggggggggggggggggggggggggg

2 days until hungary !! ffs

fs

philster_d

.........and breathe

Recomedations for a code reader ? with next day delivery available preferably or even from a shop ?

Philster

TommyD

Where are you working? I'm not too far away.
[size=100]Sable MR2[/size], David\'s Bars, TTE Rear Sports Spoiler, TRD side skirts, TRD front cross brace, Lampka rear cross brace and under bracing, Whiteline swaybars, Whiteline spings, 2\'srus Drop links, RPS clutch

philster_d

Hampton

TommyD

Coincidence. I need to go to Hampton today, to get a quote on my damaged side skirt. Do you want me to pop in with my reader? Can make it near lunch time if you'd prefer
[size=100]Sable MR2[/size], David\'s Bars, TTE Rear Sports Spoiler, TRD side skirts, TRD front cross brace, Lampka rear cross brace and under bracing, Whiteline swaybars, Whiteline spings, 2\'srus Drop links, RPS clutch

Tags: