Wipers??????????

Started by Anonymous, March 15, 2006, 19:08

Anonymous

Once again I need to call upon your expert knowledge in all things MR2.

I've seen windscreen wipers for sale on eBay and specify either 18" or 19" for the passenger side.

I measured my current wiper blade and found it to be 18.5", therefore do I go up to a 19 or down to a 18?

Does it matter?

Or will I find that a 18" is actually 18.5" etc?

The 2 is only 12 month old if that helps.

Cheers

Anonymous

Oops forgot!

I've read that the spoiler can be clipped off (can't be bothered to go out and check coz it's cold and wet).

If so, will it clip onto a Bosch wiper? Or would I be better forking out the extra 3 squid for one already fitted?

dimwit

Why dont you just change the rubber blades, thats what i did last week on ours.. that spoiler thingy (drivers side)  dont just pull off, its rivited on..

Tem

Quote from: "dimwit"Why dont you just change the rubber blades

I second that. Get new rubbers from Toyota, they will perform great and they aren't that much..

Unless you want some CF neon blingbling wipers.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

I asked my local Toyota dealer last week about replacing the blades, but they only do full units (at Toyota prices!!).

For £15 I can get a pair of Bosch Super (with spoiler on drivers side). I thought this sounded ok, compared to Halfords prices.

Still don't know whether 18" or 19" tho'.

Then again, suppose it doesn't matter, as long as it doesn't touch edges of windscreen.

Thanks for replies  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "stupidmia"I asked my local Toyota dealer last week about replacing the blades, but they only do full units (at Toyota prices!!).

For £15 I can get a pair of Bosch Super (with spoiler on drivers side). I thought this sounded ok, compared to Halfords prices.

Still don't know whether 18" or 19" though'.

Then again, suppose it doesn't matter, as long as it doesn't touch edges of windscreen.

Thanks for replies  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Try a different dealer or tell them to look it up on their computer.
I got both my blades changed (one is a Celica one as they didn't have the passenger side in stock but nevermind) a couple of weeks ago for ~£10. The parts guy even took them off the car changed them and put em back on for me.

Simon

Anonymous

My next dealer is about an hours drive away....but when I go next week to my local to pick up the touch-up paint, I'll ask them again.

Anonymous

I needed a replacement set of blades on mine also last week, could not find what I needed in the local halfords so popped into my local Mr T

They replaced the blades there and then and charged me £9.50
also asked if I wanted them to carry out a full safety check on the car  which they did at no charge  took the techie 45mins or so to complete
an thankfully the 2 passed with flying colours.

That's the third time I have gone to the same dealer and the third time I've had over the top service!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bluey"I needed a replacement set of blades on mine also last week, could not find what I needed in the local halfords so popped into my local Mr T

They replaced the blades there and then and charged me £9.50
also asked if I wanted them to carry out a full safety check on the car  which they did at no charge  took the techie 45mins or so to complete
an thankfully the 2 passed with flying colours.

That's the third time I have gone to the same dealer and the third time I've had over the top service!

Dingles?

s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Yes Dingles,

Not been able to fault them so far very good service!

Anonymous

Cool, cheers.
Always nice to hear where people have got on well in the local area.

s:D :D s:D

Peter Wright

Quote from: "Bluey"Yes Dingles,

Not been able to fault them so far very good service!
I think thats Dingles Attleborough not quite the same as Dingles Norwich
Norwich too big no personal service
Pete
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Anonymous

Ah - I see. Did wonder if we were all talking about the same place.
Mine had its 50k plus a load of other stuff done yesterday by Roys. Good price and service from the guys down there.   s8) 8) s8)

Bongo

I went to MrT yesterday to get a new rubber bit for my wiper (blade?).

Anyways it seems the bit is about an inch too long.

The parts guy says I should just cut it - that's what they would do.

Is this a good idea? It seems the metal bit that keeps the blade solid wouldn't be held properly if I cut it...

normanh

I had a nearside one spilt the other day fitted a 19 inch one at a cost of £2 thought the guy in the garage was joking, was a branded one in a box as well. My offside one has the little spoiler screwed on so it can be fitted to another blade.

normanh

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "Bongo"I went to MrT yesterday to get a new rubber bit for my wiper (blade?).

Anyways it seems the bit is about an inch too long.

The parts guy says I should just cut it - that's what they would do.

Is this a good idea? It seems the metal bit that keeps the blade solid wouldn't be held properly if I cut it...

That's what they did on mine as they only had a celica one in stock. Nothing wrong with it.

Simon

Tags: