TTE Turbo ... any more news?

Started by Anonymous, September 21, 2003, 09:57

Anonymous

I don't have the time or the energy to build a custom turbo this time around even with the help I had last time, hell I don't even have the room anymore.  I think i'll be going with a PE Turbo and getting someone I know to fit and tuuuune it for me.  It will mean a drive upto LPool but the drive home will be soooo much fun.   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

just got this from a swiss SC poster:
QuoteLast News
today TTE send email to the german forum that they will start with the Turbo in mid 04, the car can be viewed at the Essen Motorshow in Dez 03, at the moment no price and more technical data/facts

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jonny Turbo"just got this from a swiss SC poster:
QuoteLast News
today TTE send email to the german forum that they will start with the Turbo in mid 04, the car can be viewed at the Essen Motorshow in Dez 03, at the moment no price and more technical data/facts

Oh my God, I'm having a deja vous...  

I have lost count of how many times I've heard a similar story.

Anonymous

Jeez another year till it's available.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Emmanuel"Oh my God, I'm having a deja vous...  

an "already me"?  what did I say last time?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jonny Turbo"
Quote from: "Emmanuel"Oh my God, I'm having a deja vous...  

an "already me"?  what did I say last time?

Alright alright, my French is not as good as my errr... Greek...  

Deja vu it is.

mph

I spoke with TTE directly on Tuesday as part of continuing discussions to form a better relationship between us (the club) and Toyota.

As previously mentioned, the TTE turbo is complete, barring a further modification requests from Toyota Japan. It will be on the display stand at the Essen Motorshow. Although I haven't been officially told, I take this as a sign that Toyota will be releasing it as it'll be appearing on the 'TTE car' rather than the two concept cars that will be shown - as yet, there is no offical word that Toyota would sanction the TTE turbo for general release.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

mph

Further to my last post, TTE (aka Toyota-F1) has invited MR2-ROC for meetings during the first weekend of the Essen Motorshow, Germany.

On the agenda is:

- How to further relations, for example, improve communication and dissemination of (potential) product information.
- Collaboration for JAE 2004.
- TTE Turbo.
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S

Slacey

Quote from: "mph"Further to my last post, TTE (aka Toyota-F1) has invited MR2-ROC for meetings during the first weekend of the Essen Motorshow, Germany.

On the agenda is:

- How to further relations, for example, improve communication and dissemination of (potential) product information.
- Collaboration for JAE 2004.
- TTE Turbo.
Wow, this really is going somewhere. Good news, Martin   s:D :D s:D
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "mph"Further to my last post, TTE (aka Toyota-F1) has invited MR2-ROC for meetings during the first weekend of the Essen Motorshow, Germany.
...what, all of us?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Seriously, interesting news - how about they offer a special price to early adopters?

After the run in Martin's car (thanks !) I'm keen to know how much and how much. Or do you think that the rumour that it won't be offered to pre-revision roadsters is true?

heathstimpson

I would be up to going over for that and pre-ordering one of them babies  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

So whos going to the motor show then? How are you getting there etc...?

Anonymous

good stuff... hopefully TTE turbo will come one day  s;-) ;-) s;-)
I am glad they are being interested in what community has to say - and MR2 is definetly a car that deserves more support since it has such a big community of people that will also buy other toyota's in the future

MadMigMR2

here's a reply from tte to an email that i sent to them asking for the turbo

QuoteWe will show a Toyota MR2 1,8 l Turbo with 200 PS (147 kW) and 250Nm at the Essen Motorshow.

There is no introduction date so far and no price.

We grant a three year warranty for all our parts and all consequential damages.
Toyota MR-S 2001 Monocraft GT300 (2ZZ-GE Swap started @ 2013-01-15 & it\'s not finished yet... Specs to be announced) + BC Racing Coilovers + TRD Replic strut bars kit(by Lampka Motorspor) + CHE Suspension Links)
Blog about my MR-S: http://www.miguelgoncalves.pt | http://www.youtube.com/MadMigMR2  | http://www.facebook.com/miguelgoncalves

Anonymous

cant wait for Essen show... will not be able to attend, but i hope that many people from mr2 community will - strong showing might tip the balances toward production of tte turbo.

Tem

Quote from: "spwolf"strong showing might tip the balances toward production of tte turbo

That reminds me...wasn't there a poll about ROC members interest towards TTE turbokit..? I remember answering one for sure and thought it was on Yahoo list, but there are no polls (anymore?).

I wonder if it would be a good idea to make a poll in this new forum..?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

mph

I don't think a poll is necessary. The majority of the work is complete for the TTE turbo all that's left to remain is their long term testing in order to them to back the three year warrantee that will come with it. There is no question that TTE are keen for this to be sold, and the sooner the better. Further, there's no question that there's significant consumer interest in the product so personally I only rate is this as a matter of time before it gets the go-ahead from Toyota (Japan).
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S

heathstimpson

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"

So whos going to the motor show then? How are you getting there etc...?
Ditto. Is someone going to draw up a list of interested individuals so we can put something together  s:?: :?: s:?:

Anonymous

Quote from: "heathstimpson"Ditto. Is someone going to draw up a list of interested individuals so we can put something together  s:?: :?: s:?:

Nope. I think its a case that if you want to go to the show then you can make your own way -  a list of people talking to TTE has probably already been decided.

SteveJ

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"Ditto. Is someone going to draw up a list of interested individuals so we can put something together  s:?: :?: s:?:

Nope. I think its a case that if you want to go to the show then you can make your own way -  a list of people talking to TTE has probably already been decided.

Indeed there has - at the risk of this sounding like a comittee roll-call, those attending are :-

Martin Holden (as the 1st SMT Turbo in the UK and the main reason TTE invited us)
Adam Field
Mark Jones
Myself

We are heading over to Essen the last weekend in November (driving - I just hope Toyota get their act together with my car by then  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  )

We will post loads of details when we return.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SteveJ"Martin Holden (as the 1st SMT Turbo in the UK and the main reason TTE invited us)
Adam Field
Mark Jones
Myself

We are heading over to Essen the last weekend in November (driving - I just hope Toyota get their act together with my car by then  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  )

4 in an MR2, that should be interesting!

I was planning to go on 3rd or 4th Dec. I cant go over the weekend due to my Shift. As to how I get there depends on the weather.

MadMigMR2

i will probably go also, but i'm not sure yet.

I will probably go also on the first days of december.

Victor maybee this time whe will meet finnally.

whe could meet near stuttgart and then go both to Essen.

What about you Uk guys?? Are you going on the weekend??

I will be working till 28 November.
Even if i go on Saturday, i will only be in Essen on Sunday (it's at least a 24hour ride to Essen, from Portugal)
Toyota MR-S 2001 Monocraft GT300 (2ZZ-GE Swap started @ 2013-01-15 & it\'s not finished yet... Specs to be announced) + BC Racing Coilovers + TRD Replic strut bars kit(by Lampka Motorspor) + CHE Suspension Links)
Blog about my MR-S: http://www.miguelgoncalves.pt | http://www.youtube.com/MadMigMR2  | http://www.facebook.com/miguelgoncalves

heathstimpson

I may make it as well. I fly back from Alicante on the Sunday so may try and make a detour home  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

bump

any news?

SteveJ

Quote from: "spwolf"bump

any news?

Give us chance - we don't meet with TTE until Saturday 29/11

Tags: