New Engine Car not starting!! Help please!!!

Started by leon_in_uk, March 24, 2006, 15:39

leon_in_uk

Hi guys,

my car is in the garage now. the new engine is in, everything wired up and sorted..

When the bloke is starting it up, it is not working!! it has petrol in etc because he can smell it..

he asked if there was an imobiliser..

but its not starting.. what could this be???

please help  s:( :( s:(
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

roger

No manual immobilser. All the immobilising gets done through the key and the alarm, so shouldn't be a problem.

Anything else bit too technical for me, never was much into electrics I'm afraid, because I guess that's where its at.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

leon_in_uk

couldnt be the engine could it? or the new engine with my old ecu etc.???

i dont no!!! i hope i get to drive it soon..
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

leon_in_uk

still no joy...

and he is really puzzled said everything is put back in place and all wires connected properly...

please guys what can it be??
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Anonymous

my money is on some sort of compatability issue between your new engine and your old ecu. just a guess though.

leon_in_uk

taht mean i will have to get an auto electrician out?
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

loadswine

I don't know if the 2 has a passive immobiliser. Have they tried locking and unlocking the car before starting it? Just a suggestion.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

leon_in_uk

he has tried that matey.

but the bloke selling the engine said wont matter with the ecu..

just 1 problem after another with me lol  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

markiii

if your using teh old ecu it should be fine, since you are using teh old wiring loom,

the engine doesn't know what it;'s connected too

is it sparking?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Check fuses.  I'd check the ones in the engine bay first.

leon_in_uk

an auto electrician is round tomora, so should know then.

thanks guys
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

leon_in_uk

its working again but need help please?

The engine management light comes on when hitting 5 1/2 revs and wont let me go over!! it cuts down to normal revs..

is this one of the sensors? what do i do?

cheers
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

markiii

find out what CEL code is behind teh check light
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

leon_in_uk

but it only comes briefly when it hits 5.5k..  does that mean i would have to rev it to that to get the code? i bet its an o2 sensor.

but will ring the mechanic now and see if he can get it read.
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

markiii

if it only comes on ot those revs and then goes back off my guess is loose connection

whatever the code once on it shouldn't go off until it's reset

leon_in_uk

hopefully it is a minor problem, but what im gonna do on the way home tonight is ring the RAC and get them to read the code..

but have still got o2 sensors etc in my old engine if it is 1 of them that needs replacing.

cheers
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

markiii

why do you think it's an 02 sensor?

leon_in_uk

because i only no of the 3 o2's and 1 that is for the air feed!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

no knowledge. hopefully something simple tho.
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

markiii

hmm looke here

m http://www.mr2roc.org/subdreamer/index. ... rticleid=8 m

it could be any one of those codes and theres an awful lot more possibilities than just teh MAF and o2 sensors

kanujunkie

for a rough guess without the manual in front of me but there must be about another 15-20 sensors on the engine, go guess which one
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

leon_in_uk

its still on guys..

but remember when i changed the engine, the new injectors was spurting oil out etc. so not sure if that its the injectors not feeding the petrol through at top end..

also dimwit tested to try and find the codes, but couldnt find any as the light werent on permanent..

its going in for a tune and mapping on tuesday, do you think these guys will know or will it be the injectors?
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

kanujunkie

i'd go with what they say, its very hard to diagnose stuff over the internet and on defects like this a good mechanic or someone on site is required. Take it to the tune and go on there advice
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

leon_in_uk

these are the codes it first read before dimwit erased them..

P0100 Mass or Volume Air flow Circuit Malfunction
P0110 Intake Air Temperature Circuit Malfunction

others were

and cant seem to find them on that list you supplied..

so maybe the bloke on tuesday will be able to tell me which leads to get etc.

there are alot of codes tho arent there?  s:( :( s:(
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Tem

Quote from: "leon_in_uk"P0100 Mass or Volume Air flow Circuit Malfunction
P0110 Intake Air Temperature Circuit Malfunction

Plug the air flow/temp wire to the sensor and try again?  s;) ;) s;)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

leon_in_uk

sorry im a totally dumb etc. but which wire is this?? not the MAF sensor is it? sorry TEM
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Tags: