Can the MR2 fly?!

Started by Anonymous, March 27, 2006, 23:25

spit

Looks like you'll need to offer-up, mark and drill?

I think thats why the rears need the metal bracket for the screw-bolts to grab into....there aren't any threaded holes behind the lining, and therefore no pre-drilled holes.

.....but I'm in guessing territory now.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Ernie Ball

Well, got the front air dam + fixing hardware and the rear spats.  But they forgot the brackets for the latter.  Even without those, it still cost me €109.

Tem

Ernie, please take pics of them before you install them.  s8) 8) s8)

(and during the install and after the install while you're at it  s:lol: :lol: s:lol: )
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Ernie Ball

Well, the bad news is: I can't see any way to fit the front air dam to my 2001 '2 short of drilling holes myself in the plastic.

Does anyone have a picture of one of these fitted?

And if I can't get it onto the car, does anyone want to buy the air dam + fittings from me?  s:( :( s:(    s:?: :?: s:?:

spit

Quote from: "Ernie Ball"Does anyone have a picture of one of these fitted?
Go back a page Ernie - is that what you're looking for?

I thought all bumpers had pre-drilled slots on the bumper underside - maybe not  s:? :? s:?

Ernie Ball

Quote from: "spit"
Quote from: "Ernie Ball"Does anyone have a picture of one of these fitted?
Go back a page Ernie - is that what you're looking for?

D'oh!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

QuoteI thought all bumpers had pre-drilled slots on the bumper underside - maybe not  s:? :? s:?

My bumper definitely doesn't have slots or holes in the positions shown in that picture:

dreambackup

a quick question about that lip... is it the same on the face-lifted models?

I lost mine when a truck tyre blew my front bumper and I can't recall if it is exactly the same or bigger... please help!
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

markiii

I think so as mine is teh one from an 03 on a pre03
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

spit

The photo above is from a facelift model.

The pre-03 didn't have the lip or rear spats fitted as standard. Most of us seem to have just the front spats.

But as Mark has proved, the post-lip fits the pre-bumper   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Slacey

Quote from: "spit"The pre-03 didn't have the lip or rear spats fitted as standard. Most of us seem to have just the front spats.
My '02 had both  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

spit

Which "both" out of the three did you have Sean?  s:? :? s:?

Seems to be some considerable variation around then.

I have the holes in my '99 bumper to take the lip, but not the lip itself. I have the front spats but not the rears.

Leeber

Quote from: "spit"Confused me too Edward, but I assume the rears use the same principle to help keep the rear planted.

Any aerodynamic gurus here?

ps the S'chat article also posts a virtual wind tunnel pressure image without spats.... no idea what it means, but here y'go  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Was there an image with the spats fitted? I bet you'd see a lot more blue under the car.
I\'m Pink, Therefore I\'m Spam.

Tags: