02-SENSORS

Started by Anonymous, March 28, 2006, 18:00

Anonymous

Just had a tte twin exhaust fitted last week,got car back & after a short but spirited drive the malfunction light came on the dash board.Left car back 2 MRT today & have been told by them that both 02 sensors are faulty !! Have asked a few questions to the service guy but not that clued up on it really.Why would sensors be faulty after a new exhaust was fitted ?Only good thing is they said they would cover the costs under the waranty for me. Any ideas   s:?: :?: s:?:

Anonymous

I really can't see how changing an exhaust would affect the o2 sensors as they are upstream of the change.
I certainly had no probs following my TTE install.
Unless they wacked them when putting the exhaust on?

Still - fixed under warranty anyway.

spit

Very bizarre  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

If they're shot, they're shot. But both of them? Suspicious coincidence.

If they're not shot, there could be a very very outside chance of an exhaust leak - if they went with a full removal for ease of TTE install (but they shouldn't have needed to disturb the manifold  s:? :? s:?  

Slight aside......are you de-pre-catted? If not, let's hope they weren't disturbed at install.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

leon_in_uk

i may have 3 spare sensors if you need some.. need to sort my light problem first. when it comes on at 5.5k revs
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

Anonymous

Spit ,thats my worry to with the dreaded pre cats.Am picking car up 2morrow & am gona have a few questions for the toyota master technician (used very loosely) !! Very bloody strange that 2 sensors would just go like that   s:? :? s:?  Once i get car back am gona have a look myself then once waranty expires they are out!

kanujunkie

Quote from: "kenmr2"then once waranty expires they are out!

sod that get em out now, gutted mine around its first birthday and to date Mr.T has never noticed, unless they go looking for them they wont ever know the difference.
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Think your right,am going get them out asap ! Before it calfes my engine,as you say they wouldnt go looking for them.

kanujunkie

its a blance thing of grief if it goes wrong and need a new engine vs them finding out. For me it was a no brainer but then i tend to think a bit different to the average person   s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

philster_d

Since when did they tell you if some pre cat was missing ?

Seems to me if they know about it they still try to keep quiet. *based from some of the reports I read on here*

/Philster.

kanujunkie

agreed, they have a recognised issue, just read the telegraph but still they wont recognise it, the chances are they'll never look or recognise them missing anyway
[size=100]Stu[/size]

heathstimpson

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "kenmr2"then once waranty expires they are out!

sod that get em out now, gutted mine around its first birthday and to date Mr.T has never noticed, unless they go looking for them they wont ever know the difference.
So did I; want to risk all the agro if they do go  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: