Fitted my short shift!

Started by Anonymous, March 30, 2006, 10:05

Anonymous

Just Ordered the Brushes from speedsource, Think I'll try them before going for che's short shifter, going to check out Simon's first (simonmr) before I order ( that ok simon?).

I'll do a full write up when I fit them

Thanks for the help,

Kj

Ernie Ball

Put my TRD quickshifter in today.  It was very straightforward.  The only tricky bit was disconnecting the clips holding the wiring for the window switches.

I love the action on the new shifter.  So much tighter than the old one.  I didn't realise how mushy the old one was until now.

I don't love the TRD knob, though.  I put the stock one back.  The TRD knob is too small and has stitching in a bad place.  Also, it doesn't meet the chrome ring at the top of the shifter boot, and that looks bad, IMO.  I'm thinking of buying one of these instead:

MRMike

Quote from: "Ernie Ball"Put my TRD quickshifter in today.  It was very straightforward.  The only tricky bit was disconnecting the clips holding the wiring for the window switches.

I love the action on the new shifter.  So much tighter than the old one.  I didn't realise how mushy the old one was until now.

I don't love the TRD knob, though.  I put the stock one back.  The TRD knob is too small and has stitching in a bad place.  Also, it doesn't meet the chrome ring at the top of the shifter boot, and that looks bad, IMO.  I'm thinking of buying one of these instead:

Try winding the knob down further.  I wound mine down until it touched the chrome ring   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

jamfe355

Ref the meet up, been to the events section and everything is dated 2005, am I looking in the wrong place??
2002 balck MR2, Eibach springs, Apexi exhaust system, corky\'s, cusco front and rear brace, lower front tie bar,  Bmc carbon air filter plus some minor tweeks.

markiii

why are you asking about a meet in this thread?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

jamfe355

Sorry, been looking at loads of topics and somewhere in this thread Slurpy J mentioned about a meet up in surrey, Didnt check which section of the forum I was in.
2002 balck MR2, Eibach springs, Apexi exhaust system, corky\'s, cusco front and rear brace, lower front tie bar,  Bmc carbon air filter plus some minor tweeks.

philster_d

You missed that one it was the epsom meet I think.

check the events section regularly for any new update.

We have a good scatering of members around here and growing so it wont be long.

EG the treasure hunt I think will be fairly local this year  s:) :) s:)

Also we try to keep individual threads on topic so hence the suprise of others if you post off at atangent like that.  

See ya,

Philster.

Tags: