Tyre Choice

Started by Anonymous, April 3, 2006, 09:30

Anonymous

I have Bridgestone Potenza tyres on my 2 and have generally been satisfied with them. I am currently at the end of my second set. The rears are worn evenly however the fronts have both worn on their inside edges. After reading a few threads on the forum here and what MR T has told me this is a characteristic of the car with the camber and castor set up. I also believe the Bridgestone's have a stiffened sidewall?

So my questions are:

1)   Does the stiffened sidewall contribute to inner edge tyre wear bearing in mind the camber and castor angles?
2)   I am considering swapping to Toyo Proxies after heading what people have said about them. What exactly do I ask for when I go to the garage? I.E what is the exact brand and part number I'm after.
3)   Do you think that Toyo proxies make for a better handling car compared to Bridgestone's.
4)   What is the difference in tyre wear between the two tyre types, (with reference to the inner edges especially)
5)   Are there any other tyre brands I should consider too?
6)   How would a non stiffened tyre wall affect handling. Would it make for a less precise turn in effect?

Thanks if anyone could help with my questions,

Look forward to hearing from anyone who could help,

Neil

Tags: