Who's got a Che Manifold?

Started by Anonymous, April 11, 2006, 19:46

Anonymous

Hi,

Although a search reveals quite a few people saying good things about the Che manifold, no-one (with the exception of Slurpy, and his current problem is what has got me worried) says that they've actually got one running on their 2.

The thread on Spyderchat seems to be glowing with enthusiasm for it as well, but who else in the UK has actually got one of these?

Worried as I've just ordered one as an alternative to pre-cat gutting.

Rich

loadswine

I've seen the Spyderchat threads and all looks positive. We don't know what is wrong with Slurpy's car yet, so we can't judge, but I would be really surprised if the manifold was the problem.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

jarod

I'm not in the UK, but I've bought Che's mainfold and installed it about 3 weeks ago.
The piece is excellent quality and fits perfectly in place of the stock one, plus it comes with new gaskets and all the hardware to replace stock lugs and nuts..   s8) 8) s8)  

After the install the sound definitelty improves (deeper, but only slightly louder) and you feel also a bit better response at lower ranges: go for it without any doubt!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Cheers
Claudio
Spectra Blue My00
[size=75]J-Spec Badges | 03 sidevents & rear bumper | Mongos | Che\'s manifold | Fox duals | Custom Green Twister intake | Custom leather interior | Tom\'s flywheel | Sachs clutch | TTE swaybars | Custom Breastplate | Front TRD strut tower brace | BC Racing coilovers | EBC+Goodridge brakes | Lots of custom modifications..[/size]

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies, I just guess I panicked a bit as Slurpy's post was the day I ordered my Che.

Fingers crossed for Slurpy, I must admit I've not had any dealings with MrT yet but from reading his post his local MrT seem like muppets.

Rich

Anonymous

Dont worry buddy.. faulty MAF sensor was all it was.. god bless Mr T (EEEJITS!)

Che manifold is a lovely piece of kit for the price and I'm happy with mine.

Anonymous

Glad to hear its sorted mate  :-) :-) :-)  and not a major expense either

Anonymous

Phew! I'm so glad to hear your good news Slurpy, even if it doesn't say much for your local MrT.....

My Che header left Chicago O'Hare airport two days ago according to the tracking website so I'm hoping it'll be here soon, can't wait!

Rich

ash1809

How much is the che manifold with postage to the uk? Do you get hit with custom charges?

Anonymous

Quote from: "ash1809"How much is the che manifold with postage to the uk? Do you get hit with custom charges?

It's just cost me £179 from Che, delivered to the UK, exchange rate not so good at the moment. he markes them up as a "gift" which will reduce the exposure at the customs end - I hope.  s:? :? s:?  

I'll let you know what it cost me when it arrives next week. Great service by the way.

Thanks
RobS

Anonymous

Mine cost £162.10   s:D :D s:D  

But you are right, exchange rate is all over the place, paid for mine through PayPal on the 10th April and got $1.69653 to the £....

Annoying as it was 1.9 last summer when I went on holiday over there! If only I'd known I was getting a 2!

Rich

Anonymous

Tired of waiting on idiots from Toy to get my gaskets in so thought oh well might aswell treat the beast.

Ordered mine yesterday, was £166.

Tags: