Clunking sound when applying power

Started by ninjinski, April 12, 2006, 21:01

ninjinski

Since getting the car back after having the clutch fitted I now have a clunking, kinda creaking sound when i get on the power - Imagine driving at 5-10mph and applying then releasing the power - You can hear a creaking clunking sound.

The guy who fitted the clutch at a new Mr T was a muppet and I believe he removed the axels between the wheels to fit the clutch. Im presuming he has not refitted properly - so back to my regular Mr T AGAIN next Friday!

Its driving fine and the sound is just noticable when slow moving in traffic or reversing when u apply the power! What a PITA!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

Tags: