hood material

Started by Anonymous, June 3, 2003, 14:30

Anonymous

I've used both the AutoGlym bumper care gunk as well as the vinyl and plastic stuff.

Both make the roof noticebly blacker... the bumper care stuff more so.

Problem is that both do it by leaving a load of gunk on the roof, which invariably washes downwards in the rain etc.... this then leaves an oily film on the windows and paintwork.

The sacrifices your make for a nice black looking roof.

darrenjuggins

Auto Gym - solution for the Vinyl Stuff:

Spray the stuff onto a sponge and wipe over the roof.  I've not had any problem with excess going onto any on the windows this way.

plus it's much easier to apply and you only need to use a small amount each time.

Cheers

Darren J
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

Darren, I've tried that, and works just great... however it's not quite the same when using the Bumper Care gunk (which is what AutoGlym recommend for our hood).

Anonymous

Tried the Renovo stuff a while ago, doesn't make the roof any darker but it maintains the brand new look and seems to stop the roof getting as dirty. Also beads water off as well. I'd recommend it.

Anonymous

nobody seemed to know what material the mr2 hood is so i contacted toyota tech info, tel 09066610061,  they said it was tarpaulin  they also said a hard top could not be fitted unless it was factory option, i use my local toyota main dealer who says he could fit the top only problem may be the electric backwindow connection  ps. they fitted  front spats side skirts & rear bumber extentions with correct adhesive for £104. the car is chilli red.well pleased.

Anonymous

Quote from: "russki"nobody seemed to know what material the mr2 hood is so i contacted toyota tech info, tel 09066610061,  they said it was tarpaulin  they also said a hard top could not be fitted unless it was factory option, i use my local toyota main dealer who says he could fit the top only problem may be the electric backwindow connection  ps. they fitted  front spats side skirts & rear bumber extentions with correct adhesive for £104. the car is chilli red.well pleased.

Talking bollocks! Hardtops can be retro fitted in under 30mins. Seperate wiring connector for the hardtop glass is a toyota part. Toyota really are clueless about the roadster.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

i have condensation inthe interior of the on the roof any suggestions why or how to stop it or is it ntural

SCOTTG

How do you know whether the roof is fabric or vinyl?

SCOTTG

Bernie

Vinyl was stock and has a textured hard surface as pik

Mohair is aftermarket and has a smoother flat finish
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

Jay67

one's furry, one's not...innit   s8) 8) s8)
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

Tags: