Wiring back speakers

Started by ash1809, April 19, 2006, 16:49

ash1809

Hi Guys

I am sorry if I am repeating this topic. Did a search but I cant find anything. I am planning of fitting rear speakers in the bin doors.  Anyone got a guide about wiring them up?

Thanks ever so much

Ash

ash1809

anyone please   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

loadswine

I think the stock headunits have rear speaker connections. Its just a matter of running cables from the new speakers to the plug at the rear of the H/U. Think Stu has put up wiring diagrams in the past (Kanujunkie).
The manual that comes with the stock stereo might give a clue or two as well.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

ash1809

Thanks I was just wondering where would it be best to run the cables to the back   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

loadswine

I ran my cables under the plastic door sill trims. They pop of really easily and wiring is then neat and hidden.

Anonymous

under the centre console was the route i went but i ended up taking the seats out as it was easier to work without them in.
5 minute job to remove them as they are just 4 bolts.
i found it best to run an amp off the stock head unit and wire the speakers off that as the stock unit has amp outputs on the back.
depends on whether you are planning on using the storage compartments afterwards or like me can live without them and just use them for speakers and a sub.

loadswine

In truth I had removed almost everything prior to putting all the leather in. My sytem uses an amp in the rear storage bins  with the RCA leads from the stock H/U running through the console and the front door speaker cables routed through the sills. Just need to identify the remote power on cable from the H/U and I'm in business.

Anonymous

Do you mean the stock headunit ?? Sony or Fisher Price model ?

I didnt think the stock Sony has a remote on lead ( which are normally blue if memory serves me right  :-) :-) :-)  ) dont know about the Fisher Price model  :-) :-) :-)

loadswine

It says in the manual that came with the car that it does. Only referred to in the specs section, no diagrams of wires.

Anonymous

Is that the Sony one  ?

loadswine

Yes, there is a pic of the back of the unit on another thread.

ash1809

can you wire rear speakers direct to the unit without an amp? If so how do you do it?

kanujunkie

Quote from: "ash1809"can you wire rear speakers direct to the unit without an amp? If so how do you do it?

you can, but it would of course sound better with an amp, as for the wireing, if you pull the stock stereo out, you'll find a connector with the other speakers going into it, next to that will be 4 unused positions in a block, they're your other speaker outputs
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

LeeUK

I ran the wired under the dash (either side will do) then lift the side sill and hide them underneath.  Then run them up behind the seatbelt plastics, and into the rear bin.
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

ash1809

Thanks guys I think i'll get a small amp   s:) :) s:)

LeeUK

I have one for sale if you want it?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

ash1809

yours is a bit expensive for me right now , I've spent so much on the car  this month spoiler, fitted bodykit, tte springs exhaust, speakers, so i am after a cheap one just for the speakers   s:) :) s:)

Tags: