Rusty brake discs

Started by Anonymous, June 3, 2003, 15:16

Anonymous

Anonymous

Calipers look nice.

Anonymous

Quote from: "CIN"

Where did you get the paint CIN? Is it special caliper paint or high temp paint from the store? It looks like you painted the top and middle of the rotors too, correct? I've looked at the G2 and the Foliatec brands of caliper paint. You can get G2 from The Tire Rack.

Anonymous

I just used normal anti rust paint.  Held up fine till now.  I did the mod as per kabinski's advice.  He was the first one to paint the calipers/discs/shield like that.  He did not take the wheels off.  I on the other hand took the wheels off and the rotors to clean the rust since I had enough time when I was swapping in the 2ZZ-GE  s;) ;) s;)

Tem

Quote from: "CIN"I just used normal anti rust paint.  Held up fine till now.

I did that two years ago as well. It holds up just fine in normali driving, but burns off on track. Too much trouble to repaint it after every trackday, I think I'll just buy some aftermarket discs that arenät supposed to rust...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Hmm.  I got the brakes blue and they have not yet peeled off.  Maybe the paint was heat resistant?

Anyway if the paint goes off I will just leave them be.  I painted them only because I had a chance when doing the swap.  I will not do it again.  I dont really car about rust anyway.   s:P :P s:P

Tem

Quote from: "CIN"Hmm.  I got the brakes blue and they have not yet peeled off.  Maybe the paint was heat resistant?

Could be. I used some heat resistant paint as well, but guess it wasn't good enough  s:) :) s:)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Liz

Took mine in for the 30k service yesterday, not bad £127.00 including the brake pads which I had to pay for, they even cleaned the car, but...only replaced the front discs, "Oh, did you want the rears doing as well" they said  s:roll: :roll: s:roll: ...I had made it clear that it was the full set I wanted, got to wait until 4th September now   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Still we may get a new member, I put a flyer on the green '2 sitting outside which turned out to be the Managers car   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Tags: