companies who will remove precats for you

Started by kanujunkie, April 27, 2006, 19:49

ADam

Hi guys

Can anyone recommend a garage in the essex/havering area (Rainham/dagenham/barking)?

Thanks

MR2k

Any recommendations from the Aberdeenshire area? or Scotland for that matter   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
\'04 MR-2

Zonda_

Anyone know of anywhere near Middlesbrough?
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

Deadmanwalking

Quote from: "CpnSpankyPantz"Anyone around the Reading or Aylesbury area?!

If you find out then let us know bud.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I was speaking with service department of

Inchcape Toyota Guildford
Moorfield Road
Slyfield Green
Guildford
0845 129 0839

And they told me that they would remove the pre catts for me for 150 sobs, perhaps a little off our beaten track but may be worth it cause it Toyota. Because asking I figured it would be a firm NO, chap i spoke with was Jimmy if memory serves.
TOPS DOWN DRIVE THU THE NIGHT CLICK HERE] viewtopic.php?f=13&t=37365

dj2k21

Mate for half that price you could just get a after market manifold, will look nicer and solves your problem anyways  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

redcarblackhorse

Hi

Does anyone know if there is anyone in the Basinstoke are that will do it?
Tried doing it myself but the manifold nuts are truly rusted on. No luck with either the cold spray or heat - heads are starting to strip  s:( :( s:(  

Thanks
1999 MR-S with a few tweaks!
Circuit de catalunya
24 Heures du Mans
Thruxton
Abingdon Track day

Anonymous

Hey, I'm new to the forum. Just picked up a good condition 53 plate with 52,000 miles on the clock.  Keen to get this precat business sorted out as my last car (MG ZS TD) suffered headgasket failure last week...

Does anyone know if:

1) There's anyone nr Cheltenham or Cirencester that will remove pre-cats?
2) Whether the "Che" manifold is still available?  I see there's a couple on Ebay at the moment but not sure if these are the ones everyone talks about...

Anyway, good to read all this useful stuff on the forum.  I'd have been none the wiser otherwise!  

Phill

redarrow

QuoteHi my name is Joe from Clee Brothers Repair Centre,we can replace the clutch kit to your car at a very good price.I would need some more details of the car to get you a quote.Please call me on 0208889 6090

Email:  e mailto:cleebrothers@gmail.com">cleebrothers@gmail.com e  
Phone number:  0208889 6090

This car repairs in London can repair any aspect of the mr2 car, get a quote.
[size=85]These are the dreaded code your get with cheap 02 sensors.
P0135 drivers side position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 1 sensor 1)
P0155 passengers side position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 2 sensor 1)
P0141 passengers side down below exhaust position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 1 sensor 2[/size]

Rusky

any recommendations in the Cambridgeshire area for the pre-cat removal?

Anonymous

For future reference, I ended up using Motortech in Cirencester to gut the pre-cat.  Good service and charged £108.  Would recommend

Jepson246

Quote from: "abervini"For future reference, I ended up using Motortech in Cirencester to gut the pre-cat.  Good service and charged £108.  Would recommend

Thats great i have been looking for somewhere around cirencester to do this !!
Still debating on an aftermarket manifold though.
[size=85]2001 silver beauty!
Powder coated anthracite alloys, Dev\'s de-dimplator in gloss black, custom silver side vents with stainless steel meshing, screaming chicken soft top pull handle, silver mr2 vinyl kick plates, PRECATS OUT and a relocated front number plate.
[/size]

jinxedkitten

Quote from: "abervini"For future reference, I ended up using Motortech in Cirencester to gut the pre-cat.  Good service and charged £108.  Would recommend

Cool, I'm in Gloucester, need to check if she's already been de-precatted, but will have a look at these guys if she isn't - how long did it take?  Was it while-you-wait?
Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

Anonymous

@jinxedkitten.  Just a day in the garage.  From memory an hours labour.  I gave them new gaskets to fit from Toyota just to be sure  s:) :) s:)

The Zohan

Blue Streak in Northampton -  removed the pre cats along with fitting the new front struts for the princely sum of £125.00 - pre cats where £55.00  which is a good price. I was quoted £120.00 just to do the struts by two other garages i know! This included replacing two snapped studs in the Manifold.

The work is excellent, no marks on my freshly painted wheels and the car drives perfectly. Sounds slightly deeper as well - Result!

Based on this i would thoroughly recommend them to anyone in the Northampton area, he knows his MR2's inside and out.
Contact Richard on 01604 759966
2000 Roadster in blue, Hardtop, KYB struts, EBC Greenstuff, Chassis brace and Toyo Proxies.
Could do with a little more power...or could just lose some weight....

Thorpeymr2

anyone know anyone in the sussex area? thanks pete

jimjam

My brother in law can do this, he is in Essex , Chelmsford Braintree areas , he is doing mine very soon and said £50 plus any parts , if you call him mention on here for a deal 07827932274 his name is matt ! He also does other repairs and serving at good rates

Thorpeymr2

booked in to have this done next week  s:) :) s:)

swinglow81

Hi guys can anyone recommend a garage near Dartford as bought a '99 mr-s which has only done 58K on the clock couple of months back which has just had its head gasket done run it in for a 1000 miles then the other day lost load power on a incline.on the motorway so now worried its this dreaded pre cat that I've read about and hoping it ain't too late any advice be much appreciated cheers in advance

2000MR-S

Already mentioned few times on here, had my precat removed by MR TWOs in Willenhall near Wolverhampton.
Nathan is still doing it for £50 and he is pretty damn efficient at it.
 m http://www.mr2parts.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm m

2000mk3

Anyone in Swansea should use target mini. Had mine done there today and I couldn't be happier with the service or the price just £70   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Anonymous

Quote from: "davidarden"Just had mine done by a friend of mine who's a mobile mechanic.

North West area, contact Alf on 07768 840466.
Just had pre cats done by Alf today. Can recommend top bloke and very professional

Anonymous

Does anyone know of a company in Northern Ireland that will remove precats?

Thanks

Raymond

WezzyG

Quote from: "Haribo"
Quote from: "davidarden"Just had mine done by a friend of mine who's a mobile mechanic.

North West area, contact Alf on 07768 840466.
Just had pre cats done by Alf today. Can recommend top bloke and very professional

Sounds good, how much did that cost as im looking to get mine done? Thanks

CMH

Another big up for Nathan at Mr Two's in Willenhall (07812 506 772) who did a superb job of gutting the pre cat as well as fitting new O2 sensors that I gave him - and all for £50.  Worth the hour and a half drive via Leominster to get the work done by someone who really knows what he's doing.
Trying to keep a 2002 pre-facelift MR2 Mk3 on the road...in every sense.

Returner

Anyone advise of a garage in Northampton for pre cat removal other than Blue Streak services as they haven't replied to my messages or emails so I guess are not interested.

Tags: