Who's got the fastest '2

Started by Anonymous, May 3, 2006, 21:11

Anonymous

as title who owns the fastest '2 on the site N/A not turbo. How did you get there? whats it putting out?

Anonymous

Nobody, ok including the turbo's!!

Slacey

Well, at least you waited a full 20 minutes  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

LoL, well it had like 30 odd views i would have thought somebody may have posted.

spit

I always view 20 times before replying  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Depends what you mean by fastest  s:P :P s:P   straight line? twisties? acceleration?

2zz engine swap is a pricey but effective way of seriously upping the horses but staying N/A. Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but Adam (Jap GT300) is the only regular on these shores thats done it?

As for the N/A 1zz without block/bore mods, Hmmmm dunno.... but its probably been unichipped and opened up on the exhaust. Cost effective and brings more oomph to the party.

1zz Turbo, Sean had monster torque numbers at Dyno day, dimwit had top horses I think.

Further afield, Gaspar is knocking ridiculous numbers from his C2 in Hungary, and MWR and Jay hass have gone ballistic in the US

No doubt the '2 is a good base for modding, but don't forget that the overall package needs some tlc - if you just work on horses you won;t be fastest for long  s:? :? s:?
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Mine was the fastest , and I'd like to see any of you prove otherwise.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

spit

Here's some quarter mile times from the MWR site....

Clicky

Gas is already down to 12.09 & 185km/h on the metric 400m version, whatever that means in old-fashioned money.

Vids

I can do home to Tescos in under 2 minutes  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

400m = 0.2484miles

Just a tad under the quarter, then.

Ernie Ball

N/A it's gotta be this one when it's finished, no?

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7534 m

kanujunkie

think this a bit pointless on NA if your talking top end speed, but if your talking acceleration (0-60) then look over at SC, some of the guys over there are heavily into internal work and will probably be doing times around low 5's, but that'll cost mega bucks on things like crower cams, porting etc etc. dont think weve ever done a timing event, could be a good one for Phil to start on
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

I got 0-60 in 5.65secs on my old car when it was N/A with just inlet duct, TRD filter, TTE dual, RPS clutch and flywheel. Sadly, I never tested it turbo'd but I can promise you it was well into the 4's.

spit

Quote from: "kanujunkie"dont think weve ever done a timing event, could be a good one for Phil to start on
Downhill please Phil, and somewhere handy for a clutch install  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Quote from: "Ernie Ball"N/A it's gotta be this one when it's finished, no?
I think thats a turbo 3zz install isn't it Ernie?

Quote from: "Ekona"I got 0-60 in 5.65secs on my old car when it was N/A with just inlet duct, TRD filter, TTE dual, RPS clutch and flywheel.
WOW  s8) 8) s8)

Ernie Ball

Quote from: "spit"
Quote from: "Ernie Ball"N/A it's gotta be this one when it's finished, no?
I think thats a turbo 3zz install isn't it Ernie?

Indeed it is.  I stand corrected.

That thing will be unbelievable when it's completed...

enid_b

mine does 70 on the motorway, 50 in a 50, 40 in a 40, and 30 in a residential area.

sorry, but at least it gives ur post a bit of a bump
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Anonymous

well i meant fastest 0-60 and bhp and torque figures really, just wanted to know how far the standard engine has been pushed.

aaronjb

Quote from: "DeanoRS"well i meant fastest 0-60 and bhp and torque figures really, just wanted to know how far the standard engine has been pushed.

Depends when you cease to consider an engine the 'standard' engine..

MWR are up into the 400's IIRC (that's >400whp), but the engine will almost certainly have all of their products on it - which means bored, stroked, cams, springs, probably liners, forged pistons, rods, huge turbo, big injectors, giant IC... And probably more -- since they never reveal what is actually under the hood.  There are dyno plots on SpyderChat (when it's back up) if you search.

Heck, search around and you'll find the results from our recent dyno day (highest was 222bhp from a PE turbo equipped car, IIRC)..

The information is all out there already, you just have to do a little work to find it.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

jonytom

Quote from: "spit"I can do home to Tescos in under 2 minutes

Ste, you're rubbish, I can get back from Tescos in a minute!
[size=75]Black \'03, black leather, TTE lowering springs, Markiii pipe, Corky\'s plate, J-Spec steering wheel badge, club windscreen sticker, red calipers with Toyota styling, Toyota GB body kit, Goodyear F1 Eagles (GS-D3), Dev\'s keyhole covers, black (painted) J-Spec nose badge[/size]

Anonymous

Spit wrote
Quotethink thats a turbo 3zz install isn't it Ernie?

Isn't is a 3GTE from a mark2 Lads!

philster_d

Gaspars is pretty wild and not at crazy psi either.

Anonymous

Did a couple of runs at Bruntinthorpe and got 15.63    88mph on my first run.
Never done a 1/4 mile before so if I had spent more time on it I'm sure I would have bettered that figure

Liz

Mine was the loudest!  <<<gets coat>>>  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Liz"Mine was the loudest!  <<<gets coat>>>  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

we are talking 2's now arn't we  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

heathstimpson

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "Liz"Mine was the loudest!  <<<gets coat>>>  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

we are talking 2's now arn't we  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Yes not laughs  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

spit

Quote from: "kj"Spit wrote
Quotethink thats a turbo 3zz install isn't it Ernie?

Isn't is a 3GTE from a mark2 Lads!

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  Crimson Tide moment with those lippizzaner horses from Portugal (sic)  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Actually its a 3SGTE , kj  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anyhoo, back off topic to Liz and her loud noises......

MRMike

Quote from: "spit"Here's some quarter mile times from the MWR site....

Clicky

Gas is already down to 12.09 & 185km/h on the metric 400m version, whatever that means in old-fashioned money.

Vids

I can do home to Tescos in under 2 minutes  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Well according to MWR I'm actually the fastest NA.  (Number 15 on the table).  Just goes to show that an impeccable driver can make a hell of a difference   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Tags: