kanujunkie

alls well that ends well then  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

leon_in_uk

what and you would just leave it at that?,

im gonna get it checked over next week anyway...
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

kanujunkie

Quote from: "leon_in_uk"what and you would just leave it at that?,

TBH, yes, its a car not a plane and as long as you've checked the tyres and oils then yes drive it for a bit and see what happens, if it does fail again then you can still drive it remember, it'll just be very heavy but it'll still get you home
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

leon_in_uk

cool beans...
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

leon_in_uk

right guys. got my car back, grunts more etc. so its fine but this problem is worse now i have lowered it...

the steering noise still comes on so its working fine just heavy at times!!

what can this be, its doing my head in...
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

SimonC_Here

Spookliy enough, mine started doing this again this morning.

When I drove home, after the car had sat in the sun for a day, the steering was fine, back to normal, until about half way back home when it went really heavy and 'square' again.

Well, the 70K service is coming up so I'll get whoever does it to have a look.

Simon

leon_in_uk

it changes every bloody day...

today when i started her up. the steering was very very heavy when slightly turning the wheel and fine after that...

the bloke at toyota drove my car and said it seemed fine to him, especially after lowering it... i think its quite dangerous, when the steering is altered in different angles......

do i need alignment? or will i need a special alignment been as its been lowered!!

thanks
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Slacey

With how low yours has been lowered, I reckon a 4-wheel laser alignment is a must.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

leon_in_uk

what sort of cost will that involve mate?
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

philster_d

50-60 quid   ?  ?

leon_in_uk

nice one, ta
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Beowulf

I am not sure if this is the case (and I am sure someone will know),but I think I read/heard/imagined?? that the steering is meant to be heavier at higher speed (so its light for parking and more stable for driving).If this is the case then maybe something to do with this system is going wrong.I could be completely wrong though   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   s:? :? s:?    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Entropy always increces.

2001 red 46K stock (apart from de-badging on my rear (ooh err)) never had a problem in 5 years!  (touches wood quickly)

leon_in_uk

could be mate. not sure if this is the problem. im gonna get it laser aligned..
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

leon_in_uk

4 wheel alignment, £24.95... sorted. taking it down tonight to see if that cures my heavy steering problem...

cheers guys
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

markiii

bet it's not a proper alignement for £24
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

leon_in_uk

i told them its lowered and they said, 4 wheel alignment for £24.95... the same price as kwik fit....
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Chris_h

Just make sure they align it to some sort of recommended MR2 settings, not a generic 'neutral' set up for 15 year old mini cabbing Vauxhall Carltons   s:D :D s:D
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

leon_in_uk

i will make them do the best job poss. although they should know its lowered and should do all the right work shouldnt they?

if that dont sort my problem then its to toyota but a big price. oh well the car still drives fine.
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Chris_h

I dunno??? I mean, what are the 'correct' geometry settings for a car lowered that much???

The fact it drives well is a good thing though  s:D :D s:D   just keep an eye on tyres for strange wear patterns
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

leon_in_uk

will do, also will let philster know what the problem was if it is sorted.
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

leon_in_uk

guys the car was too low to fit on the ramp, so cant have the laser done..

think im just gonna keep an eye on wear
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Anonymous

just how low is[/b] you car?!?   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

philster_d

I had my mk2 turbo turned down for the same reason, they couldnt fit on the equipment.

leon_in_uk

very low. i would say about as low as an elise....
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

SimonC_Here

Just an update on mine.
After getting new tyres and getting them fitted on the right axle  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  I still had the problem, although it was less noticeable. had a mooch around under the fronnet and thought the universal joint on the end of the steering column looked a little rusty.
Gave it a good spray with PlusGas clone, left it for a bit and bingo. All back to normal.
  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Not sure how long it will last but I am getting SP to check it at the same time as the service (next Tuesday) and maybe look into getting the joint replaced.

So Leon, give it a spray and see if it works for you!

Simon

Tags: