17" fitted...should they be rubbing?

Started by Anonymous, May 17, 2006, 12:15

Anonymous

I recently bought LeeUK's Konig Heliums, replaced with exactly the same tyres as he had. They look stunning, and grip superbly, they do need an alighnment as the car is a little "wandery" (as best put in previous posts) ocasionally.
But whilst travelling home "spiritedly" (whilst listening to my exhaust rattle; (previous post)) yesterday evening, along some pretty decent country roads, I noticed that the front tyres are rubbing when going over the bigger dips and crests.
I am running on the standard shocks and springs. Is this to be expected?
I would like to lower in the future but Im afraid it will make matters worse.
what do we reckon?
I think they are catching on two protuding parts on the plastic trim around the arches; next to each of the bolts.

The noise worry's me and and I feel as though I need to restrain myself and therefore not enjoy the '2 to its full potential!  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

kanujunkie

strange  s:? :? s:?   Lee never had any issues as far as i'm aware and he had his lowered as well with the TTE's, can you cut off the protusion?? i cant remember whats behind there but if you remove the screw near it and the plastic clip then you can bend the wheel arch down and have a look
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Lee's did rub in his (although you're right Stu, he was lowered), and he solved it by heating up the inner plastic wheel arch with a proper heating gun, and just bending the offending bit out of the way. It only needed a little bit doing IIRC.

kanujunkie

i stand corrected then, just never heard him mention it before
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Neither did I until he did the same fix on my old car  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

That sound feasible, cheers guys, i'll try it this weekend.

philster_d

Mine rubbed as well, before teins. When you go hard into a dip and sometimes around corners.

As the guys have mentioned there is and easy fix, even documented somewhere here if I remember correctly.

Phil

Tags: