Average revs to speed?

Started by Anonymous, May 18, 2006, 17:52

Anonymous

err, the main cat was the exhaust that arrived  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "Phil-yarde"err, the main cat was the exhaust that arrived  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Doh, teach me to read part of a thread!  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Sorry about that! As you were everyone!

Simon

Anonymous

So what problems should i be looking out for now with the engine, after the pre cat failure. other pre cat gutted and new main cat insatalled 4 days ago

so far she drives luuuuvly and no oil consumption  s:D :D s:D

spit

Quote from: "Phil-yarde"so far she drives luuuuvly and no oil consumption  s:D :D s:D

Thats an encouraging start. Hope you did catch it in time and all of that missing precat went south. This would seem likely as you mention that - apart from the high-end revs issue which you picked up on very quickly - things were pretty much OK before, yes?

Not really much more you can do than keep a healthy eye on it and stick to a good schedule for oil changes.

If damage has already been done, its already been done: not much you can do about that either.

I'd be inclined to get out and enjoy your car  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

ps Do you know where the s/h main cat came from? eg was it from a write-off rather than a '2 with a knackered engine?
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

yes mate, the car it came off of had an argument with another a car a lost, one side smashed up.

Yes the car was fine before.

A mate did say it had "white smoke" coming out the exhaust when we were, err, driving with spirit. a couple of days before the lack of revs problem, so hopfully that was most of the pre cat  s:) :) s:)  

I'd like to thank everyone for there help and advise over the last couple of weeks  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

Ps, how often for the oil changes?

Anonymous

Hi
Just an update really.

It's been a couple of weeks now and everything is fine so far, although i did just top the oil up a bit, other than that i havent noticed anything else.

Tags: