EVAP and o2 heater circuit? Advice please!

Started by muffdan, May 19, 2006, 12:05

dcod

Can't find exactly which one but check all the fuses in box next to the battery. There should be a pair of plastic tweezers to help you pull them out.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

mrivett

It looks like the one marked EF12. Thanks very much. I could have pulled all the fuses out and checked them but I guess someone here would know. Ill have a look when I get home.  :-) :-) :-)
"I'm holding the wood with one hand, juggling a bottle of Lucozade with the other, and the Cadbury's Mini Eggs are making a bid for freedom. It's not easy being me!" - Martin Rivett

mrivett

Just popped out in my break and pulled EF12 and guess what ...... It's blown. Ill get a new fuse at the weekend. Thanks dcod  :-) :-) :-)
"I'm holding the wood with one hand, juggling a bottle of Lucozade with the other, and the Cadbury's Mini Eggs are making a bid for freedom. It's not easy being me!" - Martin Rivett

dcod

No probs, glad you've solved it.   s:D :D s:D
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

mrivett

The engine light came back on shortly after replacing the fuse and according to the reader all the O2 sensors have failed again. Would this suggest a fault with the EVAP?

dcod

Has the fuse blown again?

mrivett

No I've checked it.  :-) :-) :-)

dcod

Have you checked all the other fuses just in case the previous one was a red herring?

mrivett

Just checked the ones in the engine bay, they all seem fine. Perplexing  s:-( :-( s:-(

dcod

I would suggest pulling the ECU fuse, leaving it out for 30 minutes and then putting it back. That will reset your ecu and clear all faults.

mrivett

Unplugged the battery for an hour. Driven the '2 for 8 miles and the light is off so fingers crossed  :-) :-) :-)

dcod

Quote from: "mrivett"Unplugged the battery for an hour. Driven the '2 for 8 miles and the light is off so fingers crossed  :-) :-) :-)

I'm hoping it was just flagging up a pending code. If that doesn't work then we may need more experienced help. Fingers crossed   s:D :D s:D

mrivett

Arrgghhhh.  Just started it this morning and the light is back on again. Might be time to sell and buy an MX5 (joke)  :-) :-) :-)

mrivett

Anyone have any experience of the EVAP unit? Can i just get a replacement and fit it? Any help would be appreciated  :-) :-) :-)

dcod

Quote from: "mrivett"Anyone have any experience of the EVAP unit? Can i just get a replacement and fit it? Any help would be appreciated  :-) :-) :-)

What are your list of codes?

If it is just 443 then you either have a wire broken to the VSV for EVAP unit or it is the unit itself.

I have the EVAP unit but it is not connected to anything except the ECU. When a wire broke to the unit, I got 443. I fixed the wire and it was fine.

I've send you a pdf that explains p0443 and what the VSV for EVAP does.

PM me your email address.

mrivett

Originally I had 3 codes for the O2 sensors. I changed them all out , reset ECU and got the 443 code. Replaced the fuse. Drove it for 15 minutes no code. When I restarted it from cold the engine light can on. The 3 O2 sensors where flagged again. They are the codes that I have currently but I have replaced all 3 sensors so it can't be that. That's where I am at the moment.  s:-( :-( s:-(  im not sure how the EVAP sensors fit in or work the O2 sensors. Anyway I will PM you.

Wabbitkilla

Sounds like an earthing problem to affect so much at the same time.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

mrivett

Thanks wabbitkilla. In not very technically minded when it comes I cars so u wouldn't really know where to start looking. Don't really want to go to MR T as they are always expensive  s:-( :-( s:-(

Tags: