TRD Quickshifter - leather cover?

Started by Sam, October 3, 2003, 10:22

Sam

Hi all,

Installed the TRD quickshifter last weekend - just wondering anyone else installed it? What did you do about the leather cover for the stick - as on the standard stick the gearknob screws on and holds it up, whereas with the TRD knob it hangs loose...

Or have I just missed something here   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  ??

Cheers,
Sam

[size=75]\'01 Black Roadster
Leda Adjustable Struts/Eibach Springs/TTE Stabilizer Bars/TRD Bracing/TTE 17" 9-Spokes/Toda Flywheel/Unichip/TTE Exhaust/TTE Front Bumper/TRD Quickshift[/size]

Slacey

Quote from: "Sam"Hi all,

Installed the TRD quickshifter last weekend - just wondering anyone else installed it? What did you do about the leather cover for the stick - as on the standard stick the gearknob screws on and holds it up, whereas with the TRD knob it hangs loose...

Or have I just missed something here   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  ??

Cheers,
I assume you are talking about the leather shifter boot? I have the B&M, and there is a little (kind of oval) bit of plastic on the stock shifter that clips onto the shaft and holds the boot up - this was re-used on the B&M stick, so no problems... I would assume the TRD will re-use that same bit, check the instructions again carefully, might be that you missed it.

Oh, and before eveyone else say's it.... "he said 'shaft', hu hu hu!"
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Sam

Slacey, I know the bit you are talking about - so basically you end up with the leather covering most of the stick, then a gap of exposed stick then the gearknob?

Dont you find the metal ring attached to the leather boot rattles around against the stick?
Sam

Leda Adjustable Struts/Eibach Springs/TTE Stabilizer Bars/TRD Bracing/TTE 17" 9-Spokes/Toda Flywheel/Unichip/TTE Exhaust/TTE Front Bumper/TRD Quickshift[/size]

Slacey

Quote from: "Sam"Slacey, I know the bit you are talking about - so basically you end up with the leather covering most of the stick, then a gap of exposed stick then the gearknob?

Dont you find the metal ring attached to the leather boot rattles around against the stick?
I suppose it depends on the knob (fnarr), my B&M meets up nicely with the chrome ring... see below.

Sam

Cwor, photo already - you're a bit efficent! Maybe I need a new knob   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

PS. Nice to see another Black/Red Leather Roadster - the only colour scheme worth considering   s8) 8) s8)
Sam

Anonymous

Quote from: "Sam"Cwor, photo already - you're a bit efficent! Maybe I need a new knob   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

PS. Nice to see another Black/Red Leather Roadster - the only colour scheme worth considering   s8) 8) s8)

If you look at some other threads, you will find scientific evidence that the Silver/Red combination is the best one can have.

Darth Paul

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "Sam"Slacey, I know the bit you are talking about - so basically you end up with the leather covering most of the stick, then a gap of exposed stick then the gearknob?

I suppose it depends on the knob (fnarr), my B&M meets up nicely with the chrome ring... see below.

F'narr, he said 'ring'.

DP

Slacey

Quote from: "Sam"Cwor, photo already - you're a bit efficent!
Not quite, that pic was taken last year and has been uploaded before, so one of my 'stock' pics!

Tags: