another C2 install

Started by kanujunkie, May 29, 2006, 23:21

kanujunkie

Quote from: "philster_d"ooo I hope I have nothing to do for mine.

Guess we'll see in a year.

looks like your maps ok, but its definatly no good for running all the time, the mpg is terrible and the power isn't much better. Me thinks a tune is required  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

spit

Congrats Stu  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  Decent numbers.

I'm confused though - thought you were running the Philster map?  s:? :? s:?
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

kanujunkie

Quote from: "spit"Congrats Stu  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  Decent numbers.

I'm confused though - thought you were running the Philster map?  s:? :? s:?

yep, Phils maps on mine at the mo until i can get it mapped, i'm thinking of going to Thor to get it done
[size=100]Stu[/size]

spit

Always best to get it done specific to the car....unless you're poor  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

For a quick MPG fix, try the Barcelona map - it solves the very rich idle, holds off-boost light acceleration at 14.7 and uber-boosts at 12-12.5 AFR. But its still basically just the Philster special tweaked on wideband  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

It got me 320 miles from home to Boulogne on a tank (4 hours of driving) with no fuel light.

Anonymous

Quote from: "spit"Always best to get it done specific to the car....unless you're poor  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

For a quick MPG fix, try the Barcelona map - it solves the very rich idle, holds off-boost light acceleration at 14.7 and uber-boosts at 12-12.5 AFR. But its still basically just the Philster special tweaked on wideband  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

It got me 320 miles from home to Boulogne on a tank (4 hours of driving) with no fuel light.

[OT] crikey, i'm lucky to get 280 to a tank, and that's N/A!!   s:( :( s:(   [/OT]

spit

I've debated this with the lads before, its barmy. Dunno if its a quirk of the J-Spec ECU but it was frugal N/A too.....or maybe the J-Spec tank is bigger  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Perhaps its just old codger driving - I'm still on original brake pads   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  and the F1s have lasted for eons.....

Back O/T, I started with Phil's map and it was very very heavy on the sauce. Good news for us if its MOT-friendly though  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Nice one Gas!

kanujunkie

the 2 second conversion back to Phils map and hey presto were singing  s:D :D s:D
[size=100]Stu[/size]

spynish

Think I really am TOO RICH  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  
Not more than 200 miles/tank...

kanujunkie

Quote from: "spynish"Think I really am TOO RICH  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

ouch, i've just worked out mine and it'll be 250miles to the tank. Did you get yours mapped at all?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

spynish

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "spynish"Think I really am TOO RICH  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

ouch, i've just worked out mine and it'll be 250miles to the tank. Did you get yours mapped at all?

Of course, by Gas...

But mine doesn't work so well than before, I imagine weather and altitude has something to do...  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

306 miles from a full tank until fuel light comes on, non-motorway miles
240 mile round trip to Skegness (normal driving on way there, fun  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  driving on return journey) plus 66 miles commuting to work, averaged 35.86mpg.
If I do 50% motorway and 50% commuting then it goes up to 37-38mpg.
Basically, I'm still doing roughly the same mpg with the TTET that I was when the car was standard  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

filcee

Quote from: "DavidM"306 miles from a full tank until fuel light comes on, non-motorway miles
240 mile round trip to Skegness (normal driving on way there, fun  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  driving on return journey) plus 66 miles commuting to work, averaged 35.86mpg.
If I do 50% motorway and 50% commuting then it goes up to 37-38mpg.
Basically, I'm still doing roughly the same mpg with the TTET that I was when the car was standard  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Those sort of numbers are just plain wrong for a real car, even N/A.  With boost, that's just daft.
The '2 is just a winner all rounnd.  Mr T, surely, must have some regrets about putting it out to grass.
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

kanujunkie

well i've just covered the 1st 1000miles on the turbo and she's still performing beautifully. The oil leak that occured a while back has cropped up again so it looks like a gasket needs to be sourced to fix that but outside of that theres absolutely no issues at all, she runs fine and the performance has caught quit a few people out. Only critisism i have is that the dump valve does become a bit annoying after a while but at the same time its great fun scaring people who are walking up the road  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

aaronjb

Glad it's still working fine  s:) :) s:)

The oil leak - is that the oil return? I can't remember (sorry, not paying attention recently  s;) ;) s;) ).. If so, is the return a flange fitting?  If it is then I think I have a gasket here for that.

Incidentally, seen this?  m http://spyderchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... highlight= m

Go on... Do it  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

spit

Quote from: "aaronjb"Incidentally, seen this?  m http://spyderchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... highlight= m

Go on... Do it  s;) ;) s;)

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

kanujunkie

oooooohhhh, well i've got to get the exhaust welded up anyway, i'll have a look into it. The resonator tips would be scrap as they'd be too long but in theory that would be a simple job for H&S to do. ooh you've got me wondering now.
[size=100]Stu[/size]

edward.carter

Love that exhaust!!

kanujunkie

i'm wondering about the crash bar though  s:? :? s:?  , would it have to be scallopped out  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

edward.carter

Id take the chance, its sexehhhh   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

aaronjb

Quote from: "kanujunkie"i'm wondering about the crash bar though  s:? :? s:?  , would it have to be scallopped out  s:? :? s:?

Yeah - a later post in that thread explains how he manufactured a 'slimmer' bumper bar (as they call them that side of the pond) to fit under the tips.

Although from their position, it does look like you could move them up a bit and get away with it..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

kanujunkie

i've got a chromdesign grill on the bak so its easy to see, i'll have a look when i get up later
[size=100]Stu[/size]

spit

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "kanujunkie"i'm wondering about the crash bar though  s:? :? s:?  , would it have to be scallopped out  s:? :? s:?

Yeah - a later post in that thread explains how he manufactured a 'slimmer' bumper bar (as they call them that side of the pond) to fit under the tips.

Although from their position, it does look like you could move them up a bit and get away with it..

Its feasible, but you'll have to be bob on with the alignment to allow enough movement without vibration and/or melting. If anyone can, H&S can  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

You'll also need to modify a new black heatshield or cut out the old one of course. I wouldn't advise running without - Alberto was caught out by this.(Here)

philster_d

kanujunkie

for info thats Gas's personal 2 that spits fire  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

kanujunkie

new fault  s:( :( s:(  , coolant leak, and its on the block side of the turbo  s:? :? s:?  

anyone got a spare set of knuckles lyeing around?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tags: