another C2 install

Started by kanujunkie, May 29, 2006, 23:21

philster_d

watch out stu hes looking dodgy, possibly trying to stick the turbo up his jumper when no one is looking.

philster_d

I think Thor might.

I thought they sorted out Dans Hass instal after he was struggling with a few issues for a while.

Phil

Liz

I thought a good caption would be

"this is almost as hot as Dans bottom!"  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

philster_d

remember the burger burgler from McDonalds adverts ?    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

kanujunkie

Quote from: "philster_d"I think Thor might.

I thought they sorted out Dans Hass instal after he was struggling with a few issues for a while.

Phil

Thor have got to be some of the nicest people out there, they really went out of they're way to try and find a new oil fitting for us, even if they did fail they seemed to go that bit extra, they'll be my choice for the tune, as for issues, as i said i've got a small weep and thats it, no issues at all

Yet  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

philster_d

I was also thinking of them for my mapping.

aaronjb

Quote from: "Liz"

Wow, who's that handsome guy, and is he in this club?

See, that's what I read...

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  (Had to change the subject somehow!)

Quote from: "kanujunkie"Thor have got to be some of the nicest people out there, they really went out of they're way to try and find a new oil fitting for us, even if they did fail they seemed to go that bit extra, they'll be my choice for the tune, as for issues, as i said i've got a small weep and thats it, no issues at all

Yet  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Be positive Stu, positive  s;) ;) s;)  No "Yet"..

You'll be fine  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

markiii

I reckon expect circa £1000 to install, you might if you get lucky get a tune included as well
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

markiii

oh and just in case there was ever any doight the build quality of this kit is in another galaxy to teh Hass
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

kanujunkie

i'll go for that as well, but you must get it camcoated for durability and looks
[size=100]Stu[/size]

loadswine

Well done guys, that looks a brill install. I don't doubt you've worked like mad to get this done. Respect!  s8) 8) s8)  
Looking forward to a spin when you are over this way Stu.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

spit

Quote from: "red_leicester"Now here's a question... did you do any research in how much it would cost to get the C2 kit fitted ?

For that personal touch, Gas has been known to leave Budapest to do installs around Europe at very reasonable rates, so that's another option that you can discuss with him when you place your order next week  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Gazz

Nice one Stu. Glad to see your impressed and enjoying the C2, I'm sure you'll get as much fun out of it, if not more (mmmmm 10 psi....) as I do out of the TTET.

Think you owe your workforce plenty of beers for the help with the install   s:) :) s:)
[size=80]Lotus Elise 111R, Larini Sports Exhaust [/size]

red_leicester

Quote from: "spit"so that's another option that you can discuss with him when you place your order next week  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

There's going to be more turbos on this site than N/A soon   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

It is so tempting...
[size=84]Jez[/size]
[size=75]2001 Red MR2[/size]

kanujunkie

Quote from: "red_leicester"
Quote from: "spit"so that's another option that you can discuss with him when you place your order next week  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

There's going to be more turbos on this site than N/A soon   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

It is so tempting...

dont think about it, just do it!!!!

guarantee you wont regret it  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

ninjinski

Mate so glad u are enjoying the car and that u took the plunge - Just a quick though - You should look now at fitting the under car bracing from SP that comes with the TTET - It will tighten the car up nicely for you on the twisties... ENJOY    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

kanujunkie

Quote from: "ninjinski"Mate so glad u are enjoying the car and that u took the plunge - Just a quick though - You should look now at fitting the under car bracing from SP that comes with the TTET - It will tighten the car up nicely for you on the twisties... ENJOY    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

i'm going a different way to the TTE one, i've got the corkies brace already and the David's bars also do a good job on their own, but i've also bought a set of TTE ARB's with the upgraded droplinks from 2's R US, the combo should make for a comfortable but rigid ride without being OTT.

as for the ride, well i've covered 350miles already and Dan did a few miles in her as well, and apart from a knocking exhaust and the oil issue, she runs a dream. Dan beleives that she's only running a max of 4psi at the mo but thats fine by me whilst i run her in, i guess a boost guage will confirm the truth but that'll have to wait for a bit
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Liz

Have you let Ele have a go yet, if so, what did she think of it??

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"Dan did a few miles in her as well, and apart from a knocking exhaust and the oil issue, she runs a dream. Dan beleives that she's only running a max of 4psi at the mo but thats fine by me whilst i run her in, i guess a boost guage will confirm the truth but that'll have to wait for a bit

Best turbo'd 2 I've ever driven, tbh. So much smoother as the boost comes in than the Hass (granted it's at very low psi levels), and I'm dead impressed with the quality of the kit + install.

It was so much fun in fact, that I couldn't resist getting the arse out a bit on a nice sweeping corner: Sorry Stu!  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

kanujunkie

i love it when you get the arse out mate  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Liz

Quote from: "kanujunkie"i love it when you get the arse out mate  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Ewwwwww!!

aaronjb

Hmm - Mark, have you been selling your phrases to Top Gear?

Clarkson was reviewing the ProDrive P2 just now and said:

"You get this funny noise from the wastegate when you take your foot off the throttle.... It sounds like Squirrels being stuffed into the engine"

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Ahh, memories..

Stu - where's that vid?  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

kanujunkie

Quote from: "aaronjb"Stu - where's that vid?  s;) ;) s;)

its 3.6Mb and i've run out of webspace  s:( :( s:(
[size=100]Stu[/size]

aaronjb

Quote from: "kanujunkie"its 3.6Mb and i've run out of webspace  s:( :( s:(

Bah, mail it over to me and I'll host it  s;) ;) s;)

aaronjb

Here we go:

m http://www.mindserv.co.uk/mr2-images/squirrel.avi m

Mark's impression of wastegate chatter on a C2 kit  s;) ;) s;)

Tags: