Handeling and Suspension Advice

Started by Anonymous, June 3, 2006, 11:20

markiii

Quote from: "kj"Sorry to resurect an old thread but I've been looking at teins again! Just don't understand what the benifits of the upper mounts are. I have a vague understandin g that You can adjust camber with them, is this right?

only on teh front
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Mason Storm

Quote from: "markiii"for what it's worth let me add a few more pennies

Toyota changed the shocks for 03 onwards and they are far better than pre03

for 90% of people with an 03 TTE springs will be more than enough. It's not far off Sportivo handling levels and is more comfortable for day to day driving to boot.

now if you've decided for one reason or another y0ou need more than that read on.

Sportivo is a great out of the box, no tweaking solution. it's very goo for both road and for track but has limitations for both as well. I'd like it harder on track and softer on the road. However if you have no requirement for adjustability and what fit and forget it can't be beaten.

If your prepared to or want to play with settings, like the idea of changing stuff when you feel like it, then the teins should be bought over the sprtivo as they are better in all respects and the same price for the most part these days.

with regardsto Fronts strut brace if you have any car other than a very late 05 with the HUGE amount of extra bracing it will make a massive difference no matter what other bracing you have. 5mm movementin the top suspension towers is huge.

oh and if you have the PPe and want a dual exhaust speak to Stu, he has a TTE for sale and it's the best exhaust IMHO with the PPE.

I've booked a track day which has got me thinking about what the best mods are for an 01 car to improve handling. However I also have to drive it every day and over speed bumps so what's my best option without spending too much (basically the best VFM upgrade)?
Silver 01, Che manifold, Sp Exhaust, markii pipe & TRD filter , Braided Hoses. Corky FSTB

markiii

for an 01 car the best handling changes you can make is bracing

which is perfect timing see  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 744#189744 m
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Mason Storm

Thanks I saw this thread but I don't want to buy all the parts listed so I wondered is there one or maybe two items that will make the biggest diference?

Also I thought I read somewhere that there is a front strut available that still allows use of the cover to the boot?

Finally is it also worth considering TTE springs depending on their use on speed bumps and or bigger wheels and tyres e.g. the 17" SS ones (or are there disadvantages to increasing wheel and tye sizes?)

Sorry I know things like this have been discussed elsewhere but I haven;t seen much mentioned in relation to every day driving and any negatives to making these mods.
Silver 01, Che manifold, Sp Exhaust, markii pipe & TRD filter , Braided Hoses. Corky FSTB

markiii

right then wheels, V springs

ask yourself what your trying to acheive?

I'm still no fan of 17"s on a roadster but if you have to do it teh SP wheels are teh least compromised without spending obscene money

if your just trying to fix teh lame wheel arch gap and reduce body roll teh TTEs are for you.

The TTEs will lower teh CG so expect slightly better handling but it's mostly cosmetic, it's just fortunate it doesn't compromise anything in acheiving that.

bracing wise if you have nothing other than stock at teh moment

I would suggest

MSMB
Front Strut
Front Member brace

in that order

all front struts allow you to retain teh bin, only teh cusco allows you to retain teh lid, that said in 2 years without mine it's never got wet yet.

what would I do first? its a tough choice, at teh moment I'd do teh bracing first because this GB is likely to be a one off for the moment.

Mason Storm

Thats answered alot of questions thanks. Now I'll take a look at the braces on the GB

Thanks

Tags: