Handbrake failure

Started by kanujunkie, June 6, 2006, 09:45

aaronjb

Quote from: "nic_wigan"is that not normal? hehe ok it was early for me when i wrote that   s:? :? s:?

Well I was wondering how you put a handbrake in neutral..

Gears in neutral, yes.. Handbrake off, yes.. but handbrake in neutral?
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

ninjinski

Quote from: "kanujunkie"we went to a friends place last night and whilst i was stood there looking out the window what do i see but the car slowly rolling past but the 2!!!!!

Just thinking about this Stu - Perhaps you can get Markii and Matt over to lean against the car in the evenings, would be much cheaper and seeing as how you work em hard anyway Im sure they wouldnt mind!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Ok Ill shut up now
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

Anonymous

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "nic_wigan"is that not normal? hehe ok it was early for me when i wrote that   s:? :? s:?

Well I was wondering how you put a handbrake in neutral..

Gears in neutral, yes.. Handbrake off, yes.. but handbrake in neutral?

its possible honest, if you put the handbrake between on and off then  thats neutral  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "nic_wigan"its possible honest, if you put the handbrake between on and off then  thats neutral  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Nic, I think you're clutching at straws here in an effort to cover your early morning faux pas!
... and if that's what you're like at 10.30, I think it's very sensible of you not to leave the car in gear overnight!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "peterb"
Quote from: "nic_wigan"its possible honest, if you put the handbrake between on and off then  thats neutral  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Nic, I think you're clutching at straws here in an effort to cover your early morning faux pas!
... and if that's what you're like at 10.30, I think it's very sensible of you not to leave the car in gear overnight!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

yes your right i just dont do mornings, and this post is even earlier   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

kanujunkie

i'm worried now, the cars just passed the MOT handbrake test  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

aaronjb

Quote from: "kanujunkie"i'm worried now, the cars just passed the MOT handbrake test  s:? :? s:?

I seem to recall this coming up in the past, possibly on SC or here;

The conclusion seemed to be that you'd get the brakes all nice and hot, whack on the handbrake, the brakes cool, contract and bingo.. no handbrake.

I tend to leave mine in gear now, just in case (though I drive like a granny, so it's never been an issue -- yet).
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

kanujunkie

yeah i've heard of that before, oh well, i'll just leave it in gear from now on  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Jspec won't start unless you press the clutch in, could look at what parts are different and add them.

Tags: