Yet another rattle cured I hope

Started by normanh, June 9, 2006, 10:10

normanh

In preparing for my touring holiday of in the North of France this year I have purchased a engine cover mounted rack at great expense. This has highlighted a rattle in the cover that I had not been able to find.

It seems the hinges do have some upwards slack on them which can allow a slight rattle , the movement is I would say undetectable in normal driving unless you have a rack fitted.

Now it seems there is a bit of adjustment in the stops on the body at the back but this does raise the rear edge of the cover to a point where it can be seen much clearer. The correct placement I am not sure of , anyone know?

The simple solution is to use some self adhesive rubber feet that can be bought from a number of places plus the thicker self adhesive foam, seems to have worked for me.

normanh

Tem

Quote from: "normanh"Now it seems there is a bit of adjustment in the stops on the body at the back but this does raise the rear edge of the cover to a point where it can be seen much clearer. The correct placement I am not sure of , anyone know?

They are used to finetune the level where it rests, so the correct placement is just that.  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: