Cleaning the canvas roof

Started by Anonymous, June 23, 2006, 18:55

Anonymous

Enough of the in jokes - spill the beans - what price?

kanujunkie

warranty job  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  but i beleive they're just under 5k
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Did you hear the clang - it was the penny dropping!

s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

Re:
Quote from: "tomnewquay"The roof on my mr-s was looking grey not black. Used two 'renovo' products on it and it looks like a new roof! Firstly used their soft top cleaner which removed all the muck but didn't restore any colour. Then put on a layer of their 'vinyl soft top restorer' which was amazing. Was quite sceptical when I was applying it because it didn't look like it was going to do anything, but as it dried the roof changed colour. I now have a gleaming black roof!!

By 'vinyl soft top restorer' do you mean their soft top reviver (http://www.renovointernational.com/products/reviver.php)? I just emailed Renovo to see if the reviver was suitable for vinyl soft tops (thought this weekend's little project my be bringing some colour back!) as I'd noticed on the forum that a few people had mentioned this for restoring the colour. Renovo told me however:

"It is our experience that these tops generally need a good clean rather than reviving", and recommended only the cleaner and proofer ...

"1).  Clean your soft-top.
Ensure that your soft-top is completely clean and free of any previous applications of water-proofer by applying Renovo Vinyl Soft-Top Cleaner according to the instructions on the label. The solution can be left to work for several hours or further applications may be used if the top is particularly dirty! As an approximate guide for an average size convertible top there are one to three coats in a 500ml bottle; this will be dependant on the size of the soft-top, how liberally the product is applied and how dirty the soft-top is!
2).  Protect your soft-top from the elements.
When the soft-top is completely dry apply Renovo Vinyl Ultra Proofer according to the instructions on the label. Allow the Vinyl Ultra Proofer to dry completely before taking the car out in wet weather! As an approximate guide for an average size convertible top there will be one to three coats in a 500ml bottle; this will again be dependent on the size of the soft-top and how liberally the product is applied. We recommend that you re-apply Vinyl Ultra Proofer at approximately three monthly intervals to maintain optimum protection!"

haha ... so now I'm confused!!  s;) ;) s;)

onion86

I use STP Son of a gun protectant. Protects, enhances & restores vinyl, rubber, wood, leather and plastic.

Really nice colour afterwards, nice stuff and only a few quid.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

roger

Raggtop is my preference. Haven't tried anything else, but this works.

Other sellers are available, but not usually found in car shops.

http://www.ragg-topp.co.uk/?gclid=CLrU9oGnrpYCFQuY1Qod03MJLg
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

fstsven

I have always used Turtle Wax soft top cleaner and conditioner. Not that cheap at 25 euro's, but one spray bottle will get you 5-6 applications and it works well.
2004 fire red TOYOTA MR
K&N air filter
BLUEFLAME single exhaust
APEX progressive rate springs (-30mm)
3.ORACING breastplate
TOYO proxes R1R 205/50/15(f)-225/45/16(r)
25 kgs extra lightness

Tags: