Whats the overall cost for a C2 install

Started by proeliator2001, June 27, 2006, 19:36

Anonymous

Quote... but if a numptie like me can do it I'm sure its well within your reach

Not convinced on that, do you know how long it took me to read your install thread. I had about 12 different IE windows open just to work out the acronyms   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  .

Seriously though, I am a bit buggered for install as I am not blessed with a garage or faith in the local scum for my car to be in bits.

spit

....and thats exactly how I started out with the Hass threads. You can ignore the bulk of my install thread - its mostly cries for help  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  but hopefully it gives a flavour of the fun and confirms that you're never short of support if you're a member of the ROC  s8) 8) s8)  .

One thing to remember is that you have options at almost every stage - think these through and find one to suit and you won't go far wrong.

I have spare garage space (length not girth!) if its any use ... but it may be a bit far away for you?

Without thinking time and screw-ups a few pairs of hands could nail this in a long weekend I reckon.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

markiii

best record for a Hass is 19 hours

First C2 took 3 days, but as it's now a know quantity and we wouldn't have teh issues again 2 is acheivable
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

spit

Ahhh - man with big garage  s8) 8) s8)  

The novel suggestion was made to me last year that we do an install in a display tent at JAE - interesting idea but with last year's weather I doubt that'd be much fun!

It'd be good to see Stu tearing his hair out though .. oh wait .. I haven't thought that through  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

markiii

nice idea but it's not that easy,

in addition to basic tools, you've got teh issue of getting under it, sticky bolts, air tools

and teh odd bits and pieces

short of putting my whole garage in an artic it's not going to happen (and no thats not going to happen either  :-) :-) :-) )
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

philster_d

If you fit it yourself you would presumably need to do a bit of in car mapping.

We drove mine around budapest, first off with a bit of bogging here and there. And gradualy tweaking it away.

Good luck iwth it all.

Philster.

markiii

or just nick your map  :-) :-) :-)

Wabbitkilla

Damn - i wish i had the money!!!   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

sounds like there could be a turbo fitting day on the horizon   s;) ;) s;)

I'm fitting a C2 in about a months time ,so would be happy to tag along to help the fitting gang
 (join in the crack   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   )

rtbiscuit

if i ever turbod the C2 would be my route and i would be self fitting.
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

philster_d

Well mine is now tuned by MAP not MAF tho, but the original file is out there.

kanujunkie

Hi Kris, sorry i didn't answer before but i've been to Dublin for a couple of days  s:D :D s:D  

anyway, yes the manifolds cast, you'll need a crane for it alone, it ways a ton. As for the coating, again i'd say yes, it makes the finish of the unit look much better in my opinion than the rusty colour that cast metal goes after a while.

As for the intercooler, were looking at adapting it soon to a CC setup rather than the standard IC setup, i've recently had to cut the IC scoop off following a speed hump incident and its made no difference at all to the outlet temps, they're still hot. The CC setup which will be based on a PWR setup and uses a Metro Turbo radiator as a pre-rad. Anyway thats something you may want to consider in the price, but this is a modification and in no ways is essential.

other parts you'll need are a full set of Nissan Gaskets(better than the stock C2 ones) and a set of Nissan Turbo bolt retain clips(we'll sort all the p/n's out for you). Other than that you'll need some Nordloc washers, some tiewraps, thread tape and thats about it
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

And half an empty tin of WD-40  s;) ;) s;)

kanujunkie

s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  oh yeah and a custom pipe joiner  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Cheers guys,

I managed to get a PM to Gas who is currently in China. He's back on the 8th. Just sorting the cash out and should be placing an order in about a week or so   s:D :D s:D  

As soon as thats sorted I will be back on to you for a comprehensive shopping list  of bits and bobs (ooo it like christmas, but with better presents   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  )

Out of interest, how big is the box the C2 ships in and will I be able to get it in the car?

philster_d

Good luck.

Gas is a great guys and he will look after you well.

/Phil

kanujunkie

Quote from: "kris13"Out of interest, how big is the box the C2 ships in and will I be able to get it in the car?

its about 2'x2'x4'
[size=100]Stu[/size]

markiii

however best bet is remove  it from teh box and repack if you want it in teh passenger seat, say for transport to teh installer

kanujunkie

Quote from: "markiii"however best bet is remove  it from the box and repack if you want it in the passenger seat, say for transport to the installer

are yeah, if that was more the question then it will fit in a 2 unpackaged.

i really would get it camcoated btw, the finish will last a lot better
[size=100]Stu[/size]

loadswine

I think Stu's right, it does seem like money well spent. I was looking at his manifold the other week and its amazing the condition its in for the mileage he's done in it post install.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Tags: