RATTLE

Started by Anonymous, July 8, 2006, 09:11

Anonymous

Bought a compleate O/S engine mount off Adam for £20  s:D :D s:D  

Cant wait to fit it, NO MORE RATTLE  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:     s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:     s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Anonymous

Err, how much "umph" is needed to un do the top mount nut ( above the rubber part)  this one's a bit tight and the plastic/ruber part seems to twist with it

Anonymous

Just replaced the engine mount with the one from Adam, THE KNOCKING IS STILL THERE  AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Phil-yarde"Just replaced the engine mount with the one from Adam, THE KNOCKING IS STILL THERE  AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

does that mean Steve got it wrong?????????  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

err, i guess so, and Toyota as well then

Anonymous

Just got back from a long drive, was really pissed off with the rattle and started grabbing and shacking everything i could get hold of in the engine bay (burnt my hand in the process  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  )  grabed hold of the drive shaft, gave it a good tug, and it moved  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    and it made a knocking noise  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  It had a couple of mm play in it

( Looking down at the engine, to the right of the manafold heat shield, the side with the boot on it, not the wheel side)

Had a look a bit later when everything had cooled down and it wouldnt budge  s:? :? s:?  

As i mentioned at the start of the post weeks ago, the knocking noise only happens when the car has warmed up and i only notice it using clutch control when manovering and when slowing down for a junction ect.

Your ideas would be apreciated please

Anonymous

At last the rattle has been fixed  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

Took it to my local garage and explaned the problem.
They put it over the pit and 10 mins later it was fixed!!

The engine sub frame was lose, all 4 bolts were 1/2 turn lose.

It's shocking that a fully qualified Toyota technician couldnt find the problem in 3 hours  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

At least she's fixed now.

Lots of thanks to everyone who's helped, especially the following who took time to meet me or ring me : SteveJ  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:    FGRob  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:   Jamesr1  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:    (even though you bought a big girly car)

PS got a spare engine mount if anyone needs one  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Hey Phil that's great news - well pleased for you mate.  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

Strange how that one side had so many loose bolts, I wonder if someone had done repairs or renewed something and not tightened everything up.

Talk to you soon.
Rob

Tags: