£80 oil and filter change...

Started by juansolo, October 10, 2003, 19:49

juansolo

Mr T - "would you like us to wash it as well sir?"
Juan - "TFR you can wash it!"

Looked though what they do at 10k and it really is a bloody oil change and a check over.  Some times it makes me maaaaad...

...and relax.
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Anonymous

Mental ain't it... the things you do for a warranty stamp.  Mine was just over a ton for the 10K.

Anonymous

Mine is coming up soon too... i have vouchers for money off of services... whats the bet they bump up the price to cover this!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

markiii

you don't mention it.

ring them up and ask for the price, get the name of the person you spoke to.

ring another couple of dealers nearby get the price and the names.

ring the first dealer and get a price match (they will do that it's policy)

don't mention the vouchers until you come to pay.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Look on the bright side.  My mate had her 9K MX5 service and it was £180 for an oil and filter change   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

J

Anonymous

<smug mode>
Got 3 years free servicing when I bought the car
</smug mode>

s:? :? s:?  Maybe that's why they were so keen to do lots of warrenty work...

Anonymous

I have just had my first oil change at 5000 miles this cost me 55 quid/ they gave me a curtasy car for the day (yucky corrola verso) and looked at a couple of minor warranty bits. I thought it was quite resonable?

Slacey

Quote from: "petal_skipraider"I have just had my first oil change at 5000 miles
I thought the schedule was for the first change at 10000? Has it changed for the '03 model year?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

No its still 10,000 miles was just being over protective and buildind a massive service history for my 35-40,000 miles a year car which will be worth nothing in 3-4 years time!!!!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Slacey

Quote from: "petal_skipraider"No its still 10,000 miles was just being over protective and buildind a massive service history for my 35-40,000 miles a year car which will be worth nothing in 3-4 years time!!!!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Fair enough, but with that many miles and shortened service periods, isn't that going to work out expensive?   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

Very expensive but i enjoy spending lots of money on the 2 and i dont want my engine to go bang early.  I would like to see 200,000 miles on this one if i dont get a vx220 (dreamer) or a new 2 in a couple of years.

juansolo

I used to do interim changes on the MX-5 at 4500 miles.  Tracked the Mr2 about 5 times and 10k miles since March with bugger all oil used and it's still in good nick.  Quite amazing!
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Mine is coming up soon too... i have vouchers for money off of services... whats the bet they bump up the price to cover this!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

and i was right about this - just booked mine in for my 10k service... "that will be £105 sir"   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  "WHAT?!!?" i replied "are you having a laugh? You can forget the screenwash and stuff, i can do that myself"

Bloody rip off!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

It doesn't appear to get much better for the 20K.  Hardly any more bits replaced, and they want £190-£200

Cheeky muppets.

GSB

Do your homework...

Labour rates in the south are extortionate, more so within the confines of the M25, so get some prices from some out of the way garages that are likely to be cheaper, and get your local dealer to match it, all you have to do is say something along the lines of:

"£110 for an oil change! Joe Bloggs in the Outer Hebrides does the 10K service for £24, how come you're so expensive?"

They'll immediately cover their arse and match the price, easy.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Still only on 4100 miles since January 3rd!

Slacey

Quote from: "cstevens"Still only on 4100 miles since January 3rd!
Pathetic Craig, pathetic!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"Still only on 4100 miles since January 3rd!

And you say you actually like the car?

Anonymous

Hey!

I washed it on January the 4th - and it was so shiney it seemed like a shame to take it out ever again.

I thought 4100 miles in 1 day was a little much for the poor baby.

GSB

4100 miles? Took me that long to get the seat in the right postion...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "petal_skipraider"....if i dont get a vx220 .....

s:? :? s:?  ROFL   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

But its an Opel rip off of a real car  s:( :( s:(

Tags: