MR2 roadster workshop manual

Started by Anonymous, October 10, 2003, 23:11

Anonymous

if any 1 has a workshop manual to mr2 roadster please let me know

cheers

markiii

I do

engine and body that is, no SMT if that matters
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

mph

..and I have the SMT manual.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

where can we get them? (web address)

mph

No web address needed - simply go to your local Mr T and order them. In total I think there's about six of them, ranging from the base body, engine & electronics manuals, to various revisions of them, for example for things like the SMT and '03 revisions. They're not particularly cheap, so best to see if you can browse the ones they actually have in their own workshop to see which you need.

Alternatively, ask here and we'll see if we can direct you appropriately.
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S

Anonymous

Can it be obtained on a disc  s:?: :?: s:?:

mph

No. Further, Toyota GB are pushing for Toyota dealerships to go paperless and use their intranet instead of printed manuals so they could become even more tricky to get hold of.
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S

markiii

I do beleive these have to be available legally to independant garages, otherwise it's an unfair restriction of trade. So there would still have to be something tangible these garages could get their hands on.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

mph

Note these are probably Euro-spec specific:

MR2 Chassis and Body Repair Manual  (RM762E)
1ZZ-FE Engine Repair Manual (RM763E)
Repair Manual Supplement for Chassis & Body (RM803E)
MR2 Electrical Wiring Diagram (EWD410F)
MR2 New Car Features (NCF180E)
TOYOTA New Car Features Supplement (NCF195E)
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S

Anonymous

It's not a workshop manual but i hope it will help u.
http://www.euroroadster.com/Parts.htm

Anonymous

I bought my roadster from 2nd dealer and I even do not have user manual on hand.   s:( :( s:(   Will anyone has the online user manual as well?    s:) :) s:)  Thanks!!

Kevin

Anonymous

Quote from: "cartell"Can it be obtained on a disc  s:?: :?: s:?:

Just found this on USA e-bay
 m http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=34233 m

I guess it is available somewhere, although it does state 2000 model.

Tem

Found this tip on SC...you can get one day access to online repair manuals for $10, that's about £5. Just download all MR2 manuals, they are PDF, so you can use them forever once you download them.

NOTE! They are obviously for US-spec MR2 and there are some differences.

Here's the address:
 m http://techinfo.toyota.com/public/main/ ... tstis.html m

The javascript to open the registration window seem to be broken, doesn't work with Opera anyway. Here's the direct link to that page:
 m https://buy.equipmentsolutions.com/toyo ... gister.asp m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

I think you need to have a US billing address for your credit card for the online service.

If you are member of the MR2DC, you can also get them through their shop.

Anonymous

Just ordered these via my local dealer with the prices below:

MR2 Chassis and Body Repair Manual (RM762E) £79.25 +VAT
1ZZ-FE Engine Repair Manual (RM763E) £36.04 +VAT
Repair Manual Supplement for Chassis & Body (RM803E) £20.65 +VAT

He says they are in stock and while arrive at the dealership in 2 days.

markiii

If thats Andrew Rowley. Make sure parts physically have them in their hands before you go an fetch them

The number of times they've claimed to have bits only to not have them when I've turned up to fetch them is getting beyond a joke!

Anonymous

It is.

Thanks for the heads-up on that. So far they have been OK but I will check beforehand.

Anonymous

Hi all,

I have just come across this forum recently and it appears that you are a helpful bunch!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I think I can get hold of all the manuals listed previously by mph, but my dealer is telling me they can't get the New Car Features Supplement (NCF195E).

Is this likely, seeing as there is a part number for it, or am I getting fleeced?

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks folks,
Daniel

markiii

probably a bit of both.

Toyota don't really like the general public buying the manuals. So if a dealer start shifting loads they may get a bit arsey.

Still since it has a part number it should make no odds.

I'd get what you can first and worry about it later.

So far the changes are minor and I'm sure we can advise on anything the other books don't cover.

Anonymous

Cheers markiii,

I am pretty sure the rest will come my way in due course.  As for the last one, seeing as any changes are minor, I won't lose too much sleep over it!

- Daniel

Tags: