what to get with my turbo?

Started by Anonymous, July 20, 2006, 23:23

philster_d

yeah I already had a heater circuit CEL

kanujunkie

likewise because i was a dumbass and bought the wrong wattage resistor  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"likewise because i was a dumbass and bought the wrong wattage resistor  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Does the C2 kit require this "O2 mod" due to the proximity of the O2 bungs in the pipe or does it run just one sensor?

The ECU needs to see 23-30 Ohms on an O2 heater circuit before it will turn it off. Corresponds to 800°F/426C. If thats what you referring to.

spit

C2 downpipe comes with 2 bungs for side-by-side O2s (not in M'fold and biassed towards Banks 1 and 2 like the HPT).

The prototype install didn't have any issues other than a slight stumbling up to 3K. The second install (mine) went into the lean bank/rich bank hell and 950ºC EGTs until I did the 2-1 surgery.

The scale of the problem seems to be down to how well matched the switching voltages of the O2s are. Mine were different enough to send the ECU into a wobble.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

kanujunkie

it runs one main sensor, plus the 3rd O2 sensor after the cat for UK ODB-II reasons, i.e. cat efficiency.
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

just on the c2 website there
kit lists the greddy emanage pretuned with injector harness.
Is this the only harness that is needed?
Will I need another harness if I get a boost controller and want to up the boost?

spit

C2 uses only injector and air mapping for the tune with no ill effects at raised boost levels.

Ignition adjustment requires another harness. We're trying to make sense of it in Bill's tuning thread, but having bought one I don't really think I need it unless I get pro-mapped, in which case it might be handy to have the option. Unlikely I'll be doing it any time soon though - I'm not convinced my local tuner will get any more useable and safe power out of the setup.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

The stock ECU knock sensor seems quite capable of rectifying timing issues. Hass folk may disagree! - they use Ign. mapping quite a bit.

Short answer: No, not required for C2, even at upped boost levels.

PS switching from MAF to MAP reference is also possible with another EM harness..... but go down these routes and again, you'll be looking at more money for a pro re-map. I favour the KISS principle.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "kaiser"just on the c2 website there

technically yes thats all you need, however your going to need to spend some serious work time with wireing maps, splicing in the 50 odd wires. this is why most people will buy the £150 plug and play harness thats on the other thread.

Quote from: "kaiser"Will I need another harness if I get a boost controller and want to up the boost?

a boost controller is a seperate entity, if you go down the profec route then yes, there is a wireing harness to install, not a biggy one though. But if you go down say the route that Ste and myself are going then theres only some boost pipes to install. All the bits will be in the boost controller kit that you buy
[size=100]Stu[/size]

markiii

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "kaiser"just on the c2 website there

technically yes thats all you need, however your going to need to spend some serious work time with wireing maps, splicing in the 50 odd wires. this is why most people will buy the £150 plug and play harness thats on the other thread.

Quote from: "kaiser"Will I need another harness if I get a boost controller and want to up the boost?

a boost controller is a seperate entity, if you go down the profec route then yes, there is a wireing harness to install, not a biggy one though. But if you go down say the route that Ste and myself are going then theres only some boost pipes to install. All the bits will be in the boost controller kit that you buy

whilst I agree with Stu that the predone harness is adviseable your talking more like 15 wires than 50 it's not that difficult, just one less thing to worry about and your not hacking your car loom.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

kanujunkie

sorry couldn't remember how many it was accuratly as its sat in your garage Mark!! i just remember a load of them!
[size=100]Stu[/size]

spit

It certainly feels like 50 when you're hacking the harness in the gloom of the storage bin  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Yes, working in the cubby is tight.
Take out the seat, sit on the floor with feet outside on the ground.

The Emanage Blue without the IGN harness only affects 11 wires.
With the optional ignition harness its 19.

Even still, I recomend a PnP loom such as from boomslang or autosportwiring.
Just dont assume its 100% correct out-of-the-box for this application.

I didnt use a Pnp and am referring to the IGN firing order and the injector ground.  Its too easy to connect the IGN 1-2-3-4 instead of in the proper order.

Pin 18 of the main EM-B harness is the SINGLE most important wire in any 1ZZ turbo conversion.  Definetly worthy of a doublecheck.

Tags: