hi guys and gals.

Started by Anonymous, October 13, 2003, 00:21

Anonymous

'lo there, this is my first post here, so go easy on me people.
im actually posting on behalf of a friend, who is in dire need of assisstance, but im nor sure if this site only caters for the new Mr 2?
any how heres the problem, and by a friend i mean a friend (thats not me trying to hide that it was really me  s8) 8) s8)  ) any way, he is a tube, and didnt check the oil, dunno if its a common problem or not thats mr2's burn oil or not, as i dont actually own one, but basically, it had no oil in it, and now there is a horrible noise, kind of a knocking or rattling coming from what sounds to be the top end, but its hard to tell. it doesnt makt the noise when sitting at idle, only when you rev it to about 2,750 and above. its a 1991, h reg import non turbo. any advice on this matter would be very much appreciated, please help.

Niall.

p.s. very much like the forum and mr2s, just cant really afford one. (an mr2 that is)  s:D :D s:D

Tem

Quote from: "niall_wallace"im nor sure if this site only caters for the new Mr 2?

This is only for the new MR2...that's why the name is Roadster OWners Club  s;) ;) s;)

Some have (had) prev MR2's and might know the problem, though that's pretty much just engine problem, nothing MR2-specific...but still I think your best best would be  m http://board.mr2faq.com/ m  which covers all MR2's.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

If it is any help, I would say it is more likely to be BIG end than top end.

Tags: