The Profec E-01 thread

Started by markiii, July 31, 2006, 19:38

Anonymous

Yes your right there its been a while its been about 24 monthes since i was last tuning turbo cars, so been a little out the loop on these new none bleed controllers however the operation must still be analogue it operates like a dam and only allows a small amount of the air to pass through, however i'm summising here but the solenoid must be progressive and flow in and out rather than on and off to vary the flow otherwise there would be sharp boost spikes and drops which would obviously damage the car, i'm not entirely sold on the idea though as any problem with the solenoid will  eithor fail safe open make the car run maximum boost but i'm guessing its a fail safe closed solenoid and will cut all boost to the car.

markiii

never established if it was a failsafe closed or open, but I'm really hoping open  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    Careful what you wish for i had a R5GT Turbo  many moons ago running a bleed valve and the bleed adjuster came loose and dropped out wondered why my car was suddenly going like a missile up until all the steam came out the top and all the oil out the bottom of the engine. Unlimited boost massive fun but expensive and short lived   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:  

I can't see them making it anything but failsafe closed but probably still worth checking just in case

markiii

failsafe closed would not let the actuator see any boost at all so it would keep boosting

fail open would let it see all of the boost generated thus allowing it to open at normal pressures surely?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

LOL i suppose it depends on the solenoid i had in my mind it being a "pull" operation, so in my mind i had it as default installation completely closing of the pipework so when first installed you are running no boost but deffinitely open to interpretation   s:D :D s:D  

Back to your original point whats it not doing that it was doing before and whats changed since your rebuild (Just wondering if it may be something simple like the controller resetting due to no power and just needs resetting up)

I know slightly of topic but noticed your in herts so am i

markiii

well that was 3 years ago  :-) :-) :-)  and both car and turbo have bow been sold, it was however donw to my own stupidity for mixing teh hoses up  :-) :-) :-)

Anonymous

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   I never looked at the date of the post, i was wondering if the pipes were the wrong way round done it myself before, but you never want to ask   s:D :D s:D

Tem

The solenoid is normally fully open. Of course it could also get stuck in any other position.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

bigwillcv36

Um, thanks Stephen67, that's very informative. Spam much?
Will
04 Sable RED Ltd Ed, RED leather seats steering wheel and panels, RED soft top, RED brake calipers, after Market panel filter, gutted pre cats, FK Automotive lowering springs, custom sable j-spec nose badge, partially de-badged rear, sable indies, front strut brace, cobra sport quad exhaust, TRD Short Shifter, Bonnet/Engine cover Gas Struts

Tags: