54 plate, Odd audio!

Started by Ross_Curtis, August 6, 2006, 09:51

Ross_Curtis

I have just picked up a 54 plate 2 and although we are VERY happy with it there is one very strange porblem with the audio.

The on/off button works but very intermittent, this is the really odd bit but when you turn the lights off the audio turns off!

Thanks
Ross

kanujunkie

warranty time!

for a new stereo, its modern electronics, it can do wierd stuff  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

philster_d

Is it the stock stereo ?

Sounds like its wired to the "illumination" power feed instead of the switched live no ?

enid_b

am i right in thinking that when u arrive somewhere at night then u dont even need to turn it off, just put ur lights out and the radio goes off ? perfect.

this would make a great car to go burgling in. hoon around the area listening to techno,  sneak up to an address....... turn your lights off as you drive into the cul-de-sac, music off.

dash in grab the swab, run back to the car.......oh no where to put the loot !!!!

perhaps not such a good idea?

sorry for thread hijack, trip to mr t i think.

E
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

kanujunkie

providing it is stock as Phil says, get it changed just for the on/off button alone. Chances are that the wireing will be fine
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Ross_Curtis

Thanks for your help.

I was hoping it was a  simple known problem, looks like I'll have to go to Mr T.

Anonymous

the head unit in my 54 plate was replaced under warranty because it was doing some random things

screen and button illumination flashed with the ignition on at a rate of about once a second, cd's stopped playing or being ejected.

Toyota dealer didn't believe the flashing lights untill i filmed it on my phone and showed it to him  s:D :D s:D

The head unit now lives in a cabinet as it was changed for an alpine unit.

Ross_Curtis

So there is some coralation between the headunit and the lights, interesting! Once your head unit was replaced did it sort the problem out?

Once my lights are on the unit works perfectly!!!

philster_d

And like I said above, it sounds like its using the "illumination" live instead of the switched ignition live.

kanujunkie

sounds like its still ballsed up to me  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

yes, mine was OK after it was replaced

it now sits in a cabinet because it's butt ugly and useless if you want to connect an ipod  s:D :D s:D

Ross_Curtis

Just got a new unit fitted by Toyota under warranty and it all works perfectly now, wooohooo!  Just need to wire it up so I can manually raise/lower the ariel.

Tags: