Aerial

Started by Anonymous, August 9, 2006, 13:45

leon_in_uk

i never really listen to the ardio anyway. if i do its radio 1, and you dont need the biggest aerial to pick that up...

can you wind the aerial down somehow? if i get underneath?
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

leon_in_uk

another thing, where is the controller?? where abouts behind the drivers seat????
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

Ernie Ball

Quote from: "leon_in_uk"another thing, where is the controller?? where abouts behind the drivers seat????

Under the plastic in the storage bin.

leon_in_uk

how do i get to it?

ta
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Ernie Ball

Quote from: "leon_in_uk"how do i get to it?

ta

Unscrew the bin doors (both) and you'll see what to do.

leon_in_uk

seen it, tiny black box, and when i got to it the underlay was slightly wet, so thinking its from that its not working. is there anyhting i can do to make this work again, from other people experiences please?
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

kanujunkie

you dont listen  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  told you all of this before mate, your only chance is to put it in the airing cupboard and keep your fingers crossed but to be honest its probably screwed  s:( :( s:(
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

leon_in_uk

yes but thats the thing stu. i have taken the relay out frokm under the bin, disconnected the wire and also put in the airing cupboard. it didnt seem to be wet or damp..

me thinks its got to be the motor abouve the wheel arch not the relay!!

what you think stu?
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

kanujunkie

Quote from: "leon_in_uk"what you think stu?

i'll look at the diagrams when i get home but i'm still willing to bet that the controllers fried, water and electrics aren't known to work that well at the best of times. Have you got a multimeter btw?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

leon_in_uk

yes my step dad has.. shall i take the relay to him and see if there is any amp reading? this is the the browny/black box behind the drivers seat isnt it??

does say aerial relay on top. thanks
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

kanujunkie

dont bother with amps, you want to shove the red probe up the back of the connector at pin 2 and earth the other probe.Then read the voltage when you turn the stereo on, you should get 12v. If not then one last final check from pin 7 and earth which should give you 12v again when the stereo is switched on. If you get voltage at pin 7 and not at pin 2 then the relay module is cream crackered, if not them come back to me
[size=100]Stu[/size]

leon_in_uk

stu was the relay, burnt right through.. could this be from water??

check out from the pic!!

Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

kanujunkie

sorry, cant make anything out in that picture, if the relay is thoroughly burnt then its probably knackered, however a light amount of burning at the relay contacts end is quite normal
[size=100]Stu[/size]

leon_in_uk

if you can see the boxes they are meant to be nice and straight on the corners..

see the top box, its melted.. and the box was also melted in the middle so some serious heat must of got into it...

i have just ordered one for £30.. toyota wanted £120 just for this!

when i put the new relay in.. do i have to do anything to the aerial? motor etc?
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

kanujunkie

Quote from: "leon_in_uk"when i put the new relay in.. do i have to do anything to the aerial? motor etc?

yeah, hope it turned the power off to it when it failed, otherwise it could have burnt the motor out
[size=100]Stu[/size]

leon_in_uk

and im guessing that isnt cheap!!

surely if the relay has burnt out then its liek a fuse (which also burnt out) and should stop  things liek that happening..

but what im saying is the motor could be jammed couldnt it casusing the relay to burn out too.
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

kanujunkie

in theory, yes
[size=100]Stu[/size]

leon_in_uk

silly me, check this out!!!

when cleaning my drain hole on the drivers side the one side of the drain hole broke away from the outside.

so i used cilicon to put it back right, i didnt click the drain hole back in place properly and since then obviously all the water has been flushing in my storage bin-floor...

thats why my aerial is brokwr cus the relay. for sure!!!

and when driving the water was going everywhere on the floor and its all linked if i turn right all water shoots left...

silly me, at least i know the problem know tho.
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

kanujunkie

[size=100]Stu[/size]

leon_in_uk

next problem stu....
  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

i have just put my relay in and connected it, changed the cd player to cd and it didnt go down...  s:( :( s:(  

do i have to reset the ecu or anything??
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

roger

It doesn't, well certainly not on post 03, and I believe pre 03 as well.

One of the reasons to get a "bee-sting" aerial
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

leon_in_uk

im due to sell my car hopefully within the next 2 weeks, what can i do short term..

is there any chance of winding down the motor somehow and leaving it down?

better down than up..
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

roger

Sorry can't help. I assumed from your previous post that it was OK on radio, it didn't go down on CD (which it doesn't).

Stupid question, but presumably the problem is that it won't go down when you turn the radio off, or switch the ignition off?

If that is correct, for about £35 you can buy a non-electrical mast from Mr T and add a screw-in aerial if you think that would be better.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

leon_in_uk

ok thanks, need to find somehow of getting that aerial down then.. hopefully it may just need some grease or something, will have a look at the motor on sat.
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

aaronjb

Quote from: "roger"It doesn't, well certainly not on post 03, and I believe pre 03 as well.

Pre-03 should retract when on CD as long as you don't have Traffic Announcements turned on on the radio side of things.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Tags: