H&S Manifold

Started by markiii, August 14, 2006, 14:24

Anonymous

I'd love a sweet looking manifold which would allow me to hang onto the pre-cat filled Toyota affair ( just in case anything wierd comes along and requires a pre-mot switcheroo) but £425+vat is still a little on the pricey side for me...I'd certainly go for £425 INC VAT & delivery (makes the manifold about £350 by my reckoning) so if we can get a group buy of sufficient volume with those kind of numbers on the table I'm up for it!...

Will this use stock gaskets or do H&S supply them ?

Q: Will they do an even better price for a manifold and exhaust combo group buy?

kanujunkie

Quote from: "flynnstudio"Q: Will they do an even better price for a manifold and exhaust combo group buy?

try calling them and find out, you need to speak to Ian at H&S, he's the manager
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

freak_in_cage

bump

what happened with this?

am looking into getting new manifold so i can get rid of the pre cats- as a che header is around £160 delivered inc duty i reckon i could handle £300 for a H & S one- but prob not much more.

any info on this? seemed to have fizzled out- may be worth enquiring into a GB.

che has a delivery of headers in mid june. there were a few disappointed ppl at the last GB so they may be interested in this??

mark m8- i will look into this if its still possible, although you may have more oull & haggle room with H & S????

freak_in_cage

also does it have 1 or 2 02 sensor holes?   s:? :? s:?

rtbiscuit

it has 2, you can see them on the picture at the top  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

freak_in_cage

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"it has 2, you can see them on the picture at the top  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

ahhhhh- those nut looking things

man im a monkey   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

I've just bought one of these, the quality is superb. I've yet to fit it but I'll report back once I have. I bought it along with the H&S high flow cat. I've already got H&S back box on so once these items are fitted I'll have a full H&S system  s:D :D s:D  

The only down side was the wait  s:( :( s:(   I ordered them back in February and they only turned up last week!

freak_in_cage

Quote from: "SteveM"I've just bought one of these, the quality is superb. I've yet to fit it but I'll report back once I have. I bought it along with the H&S high flow cat. I've already got H&S back box on so once these items are fitted I'll have a full H&S system  s:D :D s:D  

The only down side was the wait  s:( :( s:(   I ordered them back in February and they only turned up last week!

how much did you pay for each component if you dont mind my asking m8???

Anonymous

From memory I think it was £925+vat for the two  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  I can't remember their individual prices but as you can see they're not cheap and this was a slightly discounted price too as I'd previously bought from H&S! I can't remember what I paid for the back box as it was a couple of years ago now but you must be talking at least £1500 for a full system.

Anonymous

I've paid my deposit and should be recieving my exhaust by the end of the month. £500 ex Vat and Delivery but mines going be something slightly different I hope

freak_in_cage

Quote from: "kj"I've paid my deposit and should be recieving my exhaust by the end of the month. £500 ex Vat and Delivery but mines going be something slightly different I hope

how is it different m8?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

steve- wow that is a lot of £ to spend! WAY over my budget. the che manifold will def suit my needs, but if i can get a longer lasting quality item from H & S for around the £300 + fitting mark i would do it.

can u recall how much the manifold was? i guess although there isn;t much material to it its build tolerance and detailed soldering required makes it expensive!

Anonymous

Just checked for you, the manifold was £450+vat.

If anyone is considering one the high flow cat was £525+vat and the decat pipe they also offer is £225+vat.

freak_in_cage

Quote from: "SteveM"Just checked for you, the manifold was £450+vat.

If anyone is considering one the high flow cat was £525+vat and the decat pipe they also offer is £225+vat.

s:( :( s:(  thanks man- im sure its quality kit, but thats just WAY too expensive IMO

£350 inc vat + fitting absolute tops- and even then i would need to think about it.

anyone interested in one please post here- if we get a lot of interest may approach them with a GB but if they are that busy sounds like they wont give that big a discount.

Anonymous

She's Quad exit with different size pipes 3.5" on the Outside 2.5" on the inside
should be similar to what they offer on the porshe 997

freak_in_cage

wow- nice idea man!

still cant stretch to that kind of money for 7 BHP or so, esp as i already have a TTE exhaust fitted.

any1 think its worth starting a potential GB on the H & S manifold? could consider combining it with exhausts to gain a bit more interest?

Anonymous

Yeah its steep but My SSIA Matured, I'm keeping most of it in savings but thought I'd blow some of it. I thought about the team moon exhaust but I've heard its massive noisy when combined with the PPE

ChrisGB

The Zero item is worth a look as well and comes with a heatshield and known dyno results. PPE works out similar money with a high flow cat as well. Anyone dynoed the H&S yet?

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

freak_in_cage

Quote from: "ChrisGB"The Zero item is worth a look as well and comes with a heatshield and known dyno results. PPE works out similar money with a high flow cat as well. Anyone dynoed the H&S yet?

Chris

interesting m8

i believe the PPE only has 1 02 sensor hole- so either you bore another or run it with just the 1- which has potential probs although some ppl hav;t noticed any difference.

cant u re-use the toyota heatsheidl with the h & s manifold?

ChrisGB

Quote from: "kj"Yeah its steep but My SSIA Matured, I'm keeping most of it in savings but thought I'd blow some of it. I thought about the team moon exhaust but I've heard its massive noisy when combined with the PPE

My guess is that the PPE Manifold and HF cat with H&S exhaust would be way too noisy. The PPE setup seems to send a lot of energy into the exhaust system. My Che exhaust was heat discoloured on the inlet pipe and on certain areas of the box with the stock manifold and cat. With the PPE, the system is now heat discoloured right down to the tailpipe. Could be the ceramic coating keeping all the heat in the gas?

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

ChrisGB

Quote from: "freak_in_cage"
Quote from: "ChrisGB"The Zero item is worth a look as well and comes with a heatshield and known dyno results. PPE works out similar money with a high flow cat as well. Anyone dynoed the H&S yet?

Chris

interesting m8

i believe the PPE only has 1 02 sensor hole- so either you bore another or run it with just the 1- which has potential probs although some ppl hav;t noticed any difference.

cant u re-use the toyota heatsheidl with the h & s manifold?

The PPE uses one sensor and that should not be an issue. The engine is run as two banks in closed loop mode (when the engine management adjusts mixture to each bank of cylinders based on what O2 reading the sensors are sending back). The management system will have a lookup value in each bank that should in theory work the same if the value from one sensor is used. Essentially, if the value is X, both bank controllers should make the same adjustment, so issues of one bank going rich and the other lean to compensate are IMO unlikely.

Drill a second O2 sensor into the collector and you may see problems with the two sensors getting differing readings from the same gas stream. The two banks feed into a common collector. One could easily see this leading to a situation where the values form each sensor differ slightly, the system tries to juggle mixtures as if it is still seeing two separate banks and the system goes hunting.

I found an improvement in fuel economy following the fitting of the PPE setup, so reckon it is working OK.

Chris

Anonymous

QuoteMy guess is that the PPE Manifold and HF cat with H&S exhaust would be way too noisy.

God I hope not! Last thing I want is to be driving round town sounding like all those max power chavs.

I'll post pics and sound files once I recieve it

ChrisGB

Quote from: "kj"
QuoteMy guess is that the PPE Manifold and HF cat with H&S exhaust would be way too noisy.

God I hope not! Last thing I want is to be driving round town sounding like all those max power chavs.

I'll post pics and sound files once I recieve it

I have heard the H&S on a Che manifold and it was pretty loud, but nice with it. My Che exhaust was way quieter than the H&S would have been on a standard manifold, but now probably matches the Che manifold / H& S combination for noise level. Sounds completely different though.

Reckon it will sound great even if it is loud. Mine sounds really crisp, not like a chavved up Saxo at all.

Chris

rtbiscuit

the system chris refers to is mine, and it is loud, but not in a bad way,

believe me you could spend all day just going through the dartford tunnel just to hear the sound.

i have done several long journeys with this setup, and its fine.

you should have no porblems as you have the hi flow cat, but if it is not to your liking, don't worry, just fit some exhaust baffles to quieten it down

Previous cars:

ChrisGB

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"believe me you could spend all day just going through the dartford tunnel just to hear the sound.

It does sound good Rich, but imagine how much louder it might sound without a cat or with a high flow! I reckon my system sounds similarly loud to yours now and the Che pipe was probably much quieter than the H&S to start with. I came back through Dartford tunnel a few nights back with the roof down. Couldn't resist holding back and blasting it through second a few times   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

The aptly signposted "exhaust appreciation tunnel" at Rockingham was good also.

Chris

rtbiscuit

i'd be interested to see when i get mine back and up and running, when you took me for a spin, it just seemed quieter,

it was loud, but i think the frequency at which yours seems to emmit at is more user friendly if that makes sense.

Previous cars:

Tags: