H&S Manifold

Started by markiii, August 14, 2006, 14:24

ChrisGB

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"i'd be interested to see when i get mine back and up and running, when you took me for a spin, it just seemed quieter,

it was loud, but i think the frequency at which yours seems to emmit at is more user friendly if that makes sense.

Strangely, mine sounds quieter from the passenger side. I was passenger in it a couple of weeks ago and now understand why the missus has not complained yet.  There is more of a boom on the driver side. Also, the PPE seems to be blasting all the wadding out of the Che Exhaust and it is slowly becoming more "sporty" sounding as the miles go by. The sound now suits the car far better than the stock setup.

When is your due to be back up and running? Will you make the thrash on the 9th?

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

rtbiscuit

i plan to make the 9th, but it'll be close,

will find out on monday, but it should be 2 more weeks   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

ChrisGB

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"i plan to make the 9th, but it'll be close,

will find out on monday, but it should be 2 more weeks   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

I have a spare seat going if you don't get yours back.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

rtbiscuit

cheers chris, much appreciated, i'm hoping to have it back, but it may not be upto spec if you catch my drift.
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

freak_in_cage

ok T/P H&S and they quoted £450+vat for a one off, and £400+VAT for 5+ made

personally im going for the CHE one but thought some ppl may like to know.

Anonymous

Well received my Exhaust on Monday and a local guy fitted it for me a lovely piece of kit. Like ChrisGB said between the exhaust and the PPE and Cat its kinda noisy!  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Not boy racer though, more hard edged than rice.

Haven't really taken her on a proper run but hopefully this weekend.

Had to play around with the tips. Originally I thought they poked out too far but have them set up now. I'll post some pics this weekend once I get her cleaned up.

Don't know how to post a sound clip but if I find out I will

ChrisGB

Quote from: "kj"Well received my Exhaust on Monday and a local guy fitted it for me a lovely piece of kit. Like ChrisGB said between the exhaust and the PPE and Cat its kinda noisy!  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Not boy racer though, more hard edged than rice.

Haven't really taken her on a proper run but hopefully this weekend.

Had to play around with the tips. Originally I thought they poked out too far but have them set up now. I'll post some pics this weekend once I get her cleaned up.

Don't know how to post a sound clip but if I find out I will

The missus described mine as crisp sounding. Having listened to someone driving it while I was not inside, it does sound like a highly tuned engine rather than just a loud engine. Given that it now makes 87bhp / litre this is to be expected. What surprised me is just how far away I could hear the car on WOT.

Chris

Anonymous

Ok finally posting pics!
Yeah the cars rotten but once I clean it up I'll take some pics formy garage  s8) 8) s8)  
So what U think?

Tags: