2 Channel Amps Buster's guide

Started by Anonymous, October 17, 2003, 11:48

Anonymous

As requested by a few members here i shall do my top 5 2 channel amps out no the market today

Important to discuse a few things first tho. A 2 channel amp can work 2 ways

1) it can power 2 speakers normall coxial or comps perfect for teh front's on the 2

2) It can power a Sub in MONO

Another thing to notice when buying a Amp if it it has independant gain or fazer control this all adds to the power of the amp.

for sound quailty it needs to have a bass cut off limit and a trebble limit also a mono and stero mode.

If you go for mroe expensive amps then they come with things like remote bass gain and higher MOSFET EQ's

Right so here the first one in no particular order tho!

ALP-MRPT220

Number of Channels:   2  
RMS Power (4ohms):   50 W
RMS Power (2ohms):   70 W
Bridged RMS Power (4ohms):   140 W
Quoted Max Power (4ohms):   180 W
Speaker Level Inputs:   Yes
Pre-amp Outputs:   Yes
Built-In Crossovers:   Yes
Bass Boost:   Yes
Dimensions:    

Based on the acclaimed V12 series, these new amps are designed for power and flexibility.
Exceptionally high-power performance and detailed control in an affordable package—the bold, new V-Power line.

Not a bad amp and priced at just under £80 it's a good price to !

KEN-KAC6201

RMS Power (4ohms):   60 W
RMS Power (2ohms):   75 W
Bridged RMS Power (4ohms):   150 W
Quoted Max Power (4ohms):   350 W
Pre-amp Outputs:   No
Built-In Crossovers:   LPF 80Hz & HPF 150Hz
Bass Boost:   No
Dimensions:   228x59x228mm

2 Channel MOSFET Amplifier, Built in Low Pass Filter (80Hz), Built in High Pass Filter (150Hz), Speaker Level or RCA Input

Kenwood never had a problem with and always seam to diliver more power than stated at £90 it will power a good set of comps or a lower powered sub

KEN-KAC7251

RMS Power (4ohms):   150 W
RMS Power (2ohms):   230 W
Bridged RMS Power (4ohms):   460 W
Quoted Max Power (4ohms):   800 W
Built-In Crossovers:   LPF 50-200Hz & HPF 150Hz
Dimensions:   285x57x305mm

2 Channel MOSFET Amplifier, Built in Variable Low Pass Filter (50-200Hz 18dB), High Pass Filter (150Hz), Speaker Level or RCA Input, RCA Output, Fan Cooling
Bass Boost Supplied with Wired Remote

This amp i have installed may times and i have been very impressed with it But at £150 it may not appile to most, But it has very good features and MOSFET technology

MAG-XCITE300

RMS Power (4ohms):   75 W
RMS Power (2ohms):   110 W
Bridged RMS Power (4ohms):   200 W
Quoted Max Power (4ohms):   150 W
Speaker Level Inputs:   No
Pre-amp Outputs:   No
Built-In Crossovers:    
Dimensions:   270x230x58mm

I use Magnet my self and i think they are very powerful and this range is cheap but gives a seruios amount of power maybe not as much as the kenwood but as twice as small it would eb pufect for the 2 priced at £85

PHO-R2.52

RMS Power (4ohms):   80 W
RMS Power (2ohms):    
Bridged RMS Power (4ohms):   250 W
Quoted Max Power (4ohms):    
Built-In Crossovers:   Yes
Dimensions:    

The all new Octane-R Series Amplifers are big power amplifiers with street racing cosmetics. Overbuilt and indestructible power supplies provide rock solid stability and reliability.

My top amp it is very sexy very powerfull and oh babby it will rock yor world, infact saying all this i'n buying the 4 channel version of this at teh weekend so engoth said i think priced at £140

Well thast about all i can think off that i thinkare good But Kicker amps are also vrey good but i cant find any rpices for teh new range yet! norally as expensive as the kenwood but a lot better RMS for £

Oh just to clear a few things up RMS = root mean square and this is the true volatge you will be sending to the speakers and this is normally what amps are measured in do not match a lower RMS value speakers to a higher RMS AMP or it all gose the way of the pear

Also when buying an amp unless you are getting it fitting for you, you will need a amp kit which supplyes power cable, RCA leads, earthing cable and everthing you need to get it installed ! normally work out about £40 but well worth it

Hope this helps and if there's any amps that you want me to have a look at post on here and i shall have a look

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:D :D s:D

Slacey

Another fine article by the master (and my mentor)!  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Buster, may I add the lightweight (1.5kg)/superthin but excellent Genesis Profile II for those who think that the extra 5kg for an amp alone is a lot:

- 2 x 75 watts at less than 0.1% THD
- Fully adjustable highpass filter
- Lowpass filter with four frequencies
- Tri mode capable
- 250 watts typical bridged output

The Genesis is one of the best sounding car amplifiers I have ever heard for less than £400 (it costs £200), it's mostly handmade and the sound is so very British.

Anonymous

Very nice looking, and approximately £200

J

Anonymous

arh genisis a well made amp and is a very creditable amp BUT

in my experience the sound quailty and over views of the sound for component use is much the same as a normall amp!

But it is a good amp for sub aplications

a good choice   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Please feel free to post others   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: