Induction Kits

Started by alancdavis, August 25, 2006, 12:01

alancdavis

Most likley get a telling off for not useing the search ,,,,,but,,, INDUCTION KITS

What do they do  ?       Do they give the engine a more "sporty sound "

What is involved to fit one,,,,I note lots of cheap kits on e bay etc but is cheap basicly rubbish.  Is it a bit of pipe with a new kind of air filter ?

Have took a look in my engine compartment and i think it will involve takeing all sorts of original bits off.

Advise will be appreciated,,,,Thanks
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

leon_in_uk

well. an induction kit is meant to be used to suck cool air into your engine, as its denser and will add performance to your car..

Well it will add performance if you did suck cool air and your car is about 400 bhp...

in the mr2 all it sucks is warm air and therfore no gains in power..

it does sound much better though.. but be prepared to clean your MAF sensor once in a while, they get oiled from an induction kit.
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

Anonymous

depends which one you go for.the apexi one which the majority go for is easy to fitt (except for one bugger of a bracket) should take no more than 1 hr tops.it just replaces the stock air box and elbow pipe.probably gives you about 2bhp extra if your lucky but it sounds amazing, especially going through tunnels   s:D :D s:D  .
there is one that relocates to behind the battery for better air flow, i think its the ppe one but i might be wrong.

markiii

just as well no one searches anymore, because we just keep adding more and more threads answering teh same question to teh search results   s:( :( s:(  

this topic has been covered more often than even teh precats, don't apologies about teh search use it. If your still stuck ask a specific question on an appropriate thread
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

markiii; does that mean thread locked??

If not; i can vouch for the PPE kit, there is talk that the apexi sucks in the hot air because of its location. However my PPE uses the apexi filter, it is located behind the battery which is less cool due to its proximity to the left hand side intake (this can easily be directly ducted for more cool air flow), it is also housed in a nice heatshield!
the sound is awesome compared with stock and I reckon it at least lives up to its claim of around 4-5hp especially mid range.

kanujunkie

generally an induction kit = a cone air filter

as Mark has said this has been covered numerous times and we do have issues with the database size, so i'm locking this
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tags: