newbie what exhaust to go for

Started by worzy, August 27, 2006, 16:25

worzy

hi guys been lookin on the forum for a wile now. and this is my first post. i have been lookin at this forum and spyderchat to find a twin outlet exhaust which is loud but not ear bursting. any help and ideas would b very greatful. also where i can get it from and how much.

thanks guys

ben

Two's Company

I have the TTE which is a dealer fit option, costs between 450-500 depending upon how much discount you can get.  Not too loud.

My preference would be a H&S which costs about the same as the TTE but you can choose the style of the tips and the tips will be aligned better.  Sounds lovely but apparently can be a bit loud on the motorway.

HTH

Draggon

I am going for the Longlife exhaust probably...they quoted me £499 for twin twins...but only £439 for just twins.

H&S was my next choice...but they are quite away from where i live.
 m http://www.exhausts.uk.com/ m

Will be later this year though...just had the 2 lowered so gotta save  s:) :) s:)
Black 04 MR2 Roadster, Black Leather. David Style Chrome Bars (1 piece). Dev\'s keyhole covers, Dev\'s BL Visor, Small Mongo\'s with eagle stickers, J-spec nose badge, spyder rear badge, ST Crystal side indicators. TTE Springs :)

Anonymous

I have just had a twin exhaust fitted with 3" rolled in tips from Powerflow for £250 not sure if it's any good at performance enhancing but I think it looks good and the sound is good. Not too loud but with a burble. Stainless steel with a lifetime guarantee

[/img]

worzy

cheers guys i think the tte is a bit too quiet lol i have been looking at the H&s and i aint to far from where they are based. also been lookin at puttin in an intake in when i change the zorst that should help the sound and performance. do u guys know which is the best to put in

ben

Burning rubber

Ferret where are powerflow based? do they have a website? £250 is a good price and if the exhaust is not to loud it sounds just what I am looking for.
cheers
2005 (54) Phantom Grey, Air con, Hard top, Black leather, TM3 lip spoiler
previously
2001 (Y) Red, Air Con, Black Leather, MrT Mflaps, TTE Exhaust, Precats removed, Face lift side vents, Small Mongo\'s, Lockwood sill protectors, Mr T Mats, Red J Spec nose badge, TM3 Lip Boot Spoiler, Dev\'s Key Hole covers
2000 (W) Silver, Air con, Leather, TTE Exhaust, Hard top

Wabbitkilla

£250 is a darned good price, maybe worth a GB?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ferret"I have just had a twin exhaust fitted with 3" rolled in tips from Powerflow for £250

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   I phoned my local powerflow outfit yesterday and they quoted my 350 - 400 to do that   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Good deal on that, do you know what type of stainless steel they used and do you have any pics of the box, if not is it SS and the same size as standard?

Cheers

worzy

hi guys i cant seem to find h&s web site or any contact numbers could some one please help

cheers

ben

spit

1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

I got mine from Performance cars of Plymouth  m http://www.per4mancecars.co.uk/mall/dep ... lymouthLtd m .
I was told £300 plus vat but haggled it down to £250 + vat but when I went to pay they forgot to add the vat and I didn't notice at the time  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

QuoteGood deal on that, do you know what type of stainless steel they used and do you have any pics of the box, if not is it SS and the same size as standard?

Yep stainless steel, don't know the quality but it was a standard box they had on the shelf they just made up the piepes and tip accordingly. All been braced well. Lifetime guarantee for as long as I own the car, require an inspection every 12 months. Not sure if you can make out whats what in the photos but here goes.

[/img]
  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

worzy

i have also been lookin at a team moon and a cobra sport do u know anythink about these two

ben

markiii

there a load of soubnd clip in teh library that may help make up your mind
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

LeeUK

One of the welds on the powerflow looks a bit sloppy.
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Tags: