Why does Mr T employ numpties?

Started by Deacon, August 30, 2006, 17:57

Deacon

Had my car serviced yesterday, it's first, and they managed to:-

1. Inflate all the tyres to 32psi front and back
2. Slightly overfill the oil - its just above the full mark (will this be a problem?)
3. Put a light scratch - only into the clearcoat not the paint - on my front wing

The fact I paid them for this is just  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

I asked them to chack out a few things; I have very slight bublling on my original wheels so they are going to replace them, Front and rear lights have a little misting so they are going to replace these.

In my alarm book that I had with the car it says that if the alarm has been triggered the hazards should flash three times the next time the car is unlocked mine never has - they weren't sure on this so are investigating with Mr T. I also have a clunking / knocking noise sometimes when I turn and go up a slope or go over a bump - they lubricated 'stufff' for this - it went away yesterday but was back today. And finally I very, very occasionally have problems getting the car into reverse it cant be done without crunching the gears - they said this was a safety feature because you have to go into neutral before reverse  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  what the hell did they think I did?

Anyway grumble over.

Deacon
Ex - 2005 55 Black MR2 with Hardtop and AC. Mods so far - Rear de-badged, front J-Spec badge, TTE Springs, TRD Shift knob, Pioneer DEHP77MP H/U, Black Rota Slipstreams 17" rear 16" front with Toyo T1R\'s, Forged wheel nuts

Now - 56 Black Suzuki Swift Sport - Mods inevitably to follow....

red_leicester

I had mine serviced last week at Farmer & Carlisle in Leicester.  Was very good service, I had a lovely new Yaris as a courtesy car (yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk) and all four tyres were the correct pressure (well, one of the fronts was 1 psi down on my gauge, but hey ho).
[size=84]Jez[/size]
[size=75]2001 Red MR2[/size]

roger

Don't worry, their mechanics will all be Rumanian or Bulgarian next year. From what I hear they're top notch   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

By the way, the reverse gear "crunch" is pure bo****ks. Mine is as sweet as a nut. What's  the dreaded beeper for, any way?
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

alancdavis

The best dealer I have encounterd is Peugeot

Investigated heater problem to a faulty ECU
Made me pay £275 up front before they would order the part
Had car for 2 weeks to fix the problem
Then they tell me this ECU never fixed the problem.

Good news is we have removed to new ECU and will refund the cost

Bad news is your heater still has same fault as when you gave us the car to repair
We have broken the dash trim but we will repair for cost of parts only

Thankyou Sir,,,,,That will be £220 labour for not haveing a clue what we we doing in the first place
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

dreambackup

I'm almost glad Toyota is internationally incompetent...

last time, they filled the oil above the full level at about 1cm. I told them, got the car back to the mechanics for them to see what they have done (500km after checking by myself). left the car, got the car back a few hours later. the guy did actually add some oil and telling me it need so.

I checked, of course, at the sunlight, not in their dark workshop (have you ever noticed it dipstick is almost unreadable with new oil?)... the level was 1.5cm too high  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I stoped counting the damages to my wheels, paint, etc...

I always get "free parts" from them (usually after a service, I find them in the center console cup holder)...

another mech at another dealer completly took off my soft top strap when it went off one side. and then told me he had no clue how to fix it...

when I had my faulty SMT ECU, they add some fluid "just like that" (I believe there is a procedure but they don't)... and - God I'm lucky - I had the chance to tell the not to put brake fluid in there...

when I the SMT ECU started to be silly, Toyota France searched for 2 weeks a dealer who'd want to take care of the car and investigate. none wanted to spend their time (mostly because the car is under warranty... I guess... I can only fear the cost when it breaks again in 2 or 3 years!)...

I think I could go on and on for hours (almost 3 years of ownership...)  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

filcee

Quote from: "Deacon"And finally I very, very occasionally have problems getting the car into reverse it cant be done without crunching the gears
I bet I'm teaching you to suck eggs by saying this, but here goes anyway ...

Make sure the car is stopped (i.e. not rolling anywhere) and select neutral.  Let the clutch all the way in, and count to 2-ish.  Let the clutch out and select reverse.  Reverse should engage without a sickening clunk.

The theory I have is that engaging the clutch with the 'box in neutral turns all the cogs inside slightly, which improves their alignment, which in turn allows them to engage more easily.  But I'm probably wrong  s;-) ;-) s;-)
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

aaronjb

Basically right, Phil - when you bring the clutch up in neutral you'll be spinning all of the input gears up inside the gearbox (the dog gears, IIRC), which will jiggle everything around a bit, just as you say.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Deacon

Tried that with the clutch but still no joy. The problem is it happens so rarely that I doubt it'll ever hap[pen when the cars in the garage. Oh well  s:( :( s:(  

Cheers for the thoughts anyway folks.

Deacon
Ex - 2005 55 Black MR2 with Hardtop and AC. Mods so far - Rear de-badged, front J-Spec badge, TTE Springs, TRD Shift knob, Pioneer DEHP77MP H/U, Black Rota Slipstreams 17" rear 16" front with Toyo T1R\'s, Forged wheel nuts

Now - 56 Black Suzuki Swift Sport - Mods inevitably to follow....

Tags: