Fuel flap warning light

Started by LeeUK, October 18, 2003, 19:04

LeeUK

I have only had my 2 just over a month.  Can somebody confirm for me:

Is the "FUEL DOOR" wording on the dials meant to light up when you open the flap?

Cos mine doesn't!

When i asked toyota they said it's not suposed to....to that statement i possed the question "Why have it there?"  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

But they gave no reason, i think they're trying to avoid the job of fixing it!

Any help would be great! Thanks   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Tem

It's not a light, it's just a reminder arrow showing which side the lid is on  s:) :) s:)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

LeeUK

Ahhhhhhhhhh!   s:D :D s:D  

They coulda told me that!

Thanks it's all clear now!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

heathstimpson

It's like when I got mine six months ago I started to check all the fuses etc because the passenger elec window would not go down. They bloody didn't tell me about a switch that isolates it; what use is that anyway? I also though it was stupid to put an indicator telling you what side the fuel cap is. Most petrol station hoses reach to both sides and its not the sort of thing you forget...
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tem

Quote from: "heathstimpson"They bloody didn't tell me about a switch that isolates it; what use is that anyway?

Most petrol station hoses reach to both sides and its not the sort of thing you forget...

I guess that switch is there to keep the passenger from playing with the window. Don't have that switch myself anymore, I can always slap the passenger or stop the car if he wants to play  s8) 8) s8)

I guess you have different stations in UK...there's no way you can pull the hose to other side of the car without scratching the paint bigtime...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Slacey

Quote from: "Tem"I guess you have different stations in UK...there's no way you can pull the hose to other side of the car without scratching the paint bigtime...
Nope, ours scratch the paint just as badly as all the others, which is why I will never pull the hose around the car.
And yes, the reminder is daft - my GF's Yaris even has a light-up indicator as it's a digital dash!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

dancarbon

Quote from: "LeeUK"They coulda told me that!

All in the handbook my man  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Tags: