vibrating door pannel speakers

Started by Anonymous, October 18, 2003, 22:04

Anonymous

first post........

vibarting speakers/door pannels driving me crazy..

any ideas?   s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

I get it too... you could do what a lot of people on here do which is dynamat their doors... this may help.

Anonymous

sorry for being a bit glum.... but dynamat?

Tem

Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

cheers very simple ........ and as a t-dealer i should know.. but hey cant be perfect....

Anonymous

Quote from: "Pacha"and as a t-dealer i should know

As in Mr T? as in TOYOTA?

... AND HERE COME THE FLAMES!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

yer yer yer...and we human aS WELL
  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Comer

Pacha did you get your custom leather through Mr T as well?

Which dealership are you from?  I think you're find that there are quite a few on here that are looking for a decent dealer for parts, servicing and warranty work and so far only 1 dealer (Jemca) fits the bill.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Slacey

Quote from: "Tem"Check this article:
 m http://www.spydermagazine.com/2002/Feb/ ... ynamat.htm m
Although this article is useful for getting the panels off, sticking the Dynamat where he says (in place of the vapour barrier) is almost useless. The best places to put it are directly onto the door skin itself (which is responsible for a lot of the vibration) and the inside of the panel, especially the area at the top edge of the door (by your shoulder on the drivers side). If anyone is interested, I will take a series of pictures of mine to illustrate where best to place it.

Quote from: "Comer"Which dealership are you from? I think you're find that there are quite a few on here that are looking for a decent dealer for parts, servicing and warranty work and so far only 1 dealer (Jemca) fits the bill.
I wouldn't say there is just Jemca, a few others on here are happy with their dealers I can't say enough good things about William A Lewis in Shrewsbury and Telford, for example.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tem

Quote from: "Slacey"sticking the Dynamat where he says (in place of the vapour barrier) is almost useless

It's probably not the best place, but it's far from useless  s:) :) s:)

When I did mine, I was lazy...didn't even bother to remove the plastic, but decided to try it ON the plastic barrier. The rattles I got from door were gone, the speakers gave a lot more bass, the road noise was significantly reduced and the doors got this "big car feeling". All in all a big difference and certainly not useless  s:) :) s:)  I liked it so much that I never bothered to do it "the right way".
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Thanks for all the suggestions, will be stripping out the doors this week when the tracker go's in. My dealership is SLM East Sussex, I think I'm fairly safe disclosing this... pretty good bunch of guys and gals..

Tags: