Water Leak!

Started by Anonymous, September 5, 2006, 13:14

Anonymous

I had a leak in an Opel, wich was caused by blocked tubes that were running from the air intake in front of the windscreen and flooded the area were the fan is. The water travelled thru airpipes in the cabin.

Hope you wil find the leak: water always seems the go where it is least expected.

greetings,
Henri

leon_in_uk

well both drain holes are clean and lead out of the cabin anyway..

there still seems to be water leaking somewhere. the only way im gonna spot this is if i sit in my car and somebody puts the hose on top of my car...

its not a pleasant smell i tell ya
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

leon_in_uk

got in my car this morning and checked behind the passanger seat, and there was a slight puddle again... yet there wasnt much rain last night!!

there seems to be water under the carpet, but would this raise to be on top of the carpet??

how do i make it stop?
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

kanujunkie

Quote from: "leon_in_uk"how do i make it stop?

take the sidevents off, pull the flapper valve off and throw them in a dishwasher, lastly, cut a small v cut out of the bottom of the rubber flapper but do make it very small
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

leon_in_uk

cant i just rip the flapper off and not put it back on? what will that cause?
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

kanujunkie

wind noise
[size=100]Stu[/size]

leon_in_uk

got ya. so right at the bottom a little hole!!

but how is the water getting to the carpet if you think its just the flap?
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Tem

Quote from: "kanujunkie"wind noise

And maybe dust/dirt/crap coming inwards at higher speeds.  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "leon_in_uk"but how is the water getting to the carpet if you think its just the flap?

the back of the flap gets a sticky layer on it seals itself shut, then although you've cleared the crap out, the water builds up and leaks over the edges.

the dishwasher removes the sticky deposits and the small cut in the rubber is a last chance saloon job. It was a Toyota mechanic that told me about this one, works well
[size=100]Stu[/size]

markiii

your sure this is water and not fuel?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

leon_in_uk

yes defo not fuel..

its smelly, i have asponge in the back to soak it up and drain it out!!

defo rain water.  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

leon_in_uk

got in my car this morning and to find loads of condensation on the inside windows and on the inner roof.

anyone else have this?
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Anonymous

I'm getting a lot of condensation the now as well, nothing inside that seems to be wet though, i have checked about.  Sometimes I get drips of water running down from the window seal on both sides but even that isn't enough to make the inside wet.

It's frustrating the life out of me the now as it's taking ages to de-mist the bl00dy windows going to work.

leon_in_uk

umm i still have water on the carpets that why. need to dry them off properly and not just with a sponge!

i might try sponge and hair dryer!!

i heard the other day toyota can look at this problem free of charge, is that true?
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

philster_d

Go use a forecourt vaccum cleaner that can almost dry the carpets

leon_in_uk

even if loads of water may go into the vacuum?
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Anonymous

It's not your hover so wouldn't bother about water getting into it  s:!: :!: s:!:

leon_in_uk

i know that, but dont want  to blow it up while im cleaning it... it would be like a bomb explosion
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

leon_in_uk

went to a garage yesterday, sucked out all the water and what a job it did!!!

so after all water was gone i decided to do a test. my dad was putting the hose on the car and was inside looking for a leak, there wasnt a visible leak only what seems like the water going through the drain holes and onto the inside body work,

so i thought it may be the flap thingy,, i have pulled that off now too.

it seemed to seap up through the carpet behind the seats...

when it drops from the drain holes, where does the water go? can there be a seal broken??
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

philster_d

see I told you

leon_in_uk

you did dude. only thing is, there is still water even thought he drain holes are unblocked!!

what can this be please peeps?
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

philster_d

did you take off the vents to see from the outside ?

iirc there are t plugs one inside and one outside

leon_in_uk

yes, took vents off, its like the water drops thrrough the outside then into the panel, and leaks through to my carpets
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

aaronjb

There should be a drain hole on the bottom of the chassis rail (between the inner & outer skins)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

leon_in_uk

how do you get to the inner side? is this a common source of leakage?

and how easy to repair
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Tags: