Active Speakers???

Started by Anonymous, October 20, 2003, 16:02

Anonymous

Hi

I've just come back from Halfords as Im in the middle of fitting a DAB radio into my MR2..... However the guy at Halfords needed to know if I had active speakers?????

I have a 03 and don't have a clue if my speakers are active or not...  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

could someone help me please...  s:?: :?: s:?:  

also it my be useful to know which years does have active speakers..

Cheers  s:D :D s:D

markiii

unless it's a jap import you don't.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Slacey

As far as I'm aware, none of the Roadsters have active speakers, (as Mark said) Jap import MK2's did though.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

halfords have not updated there MR2 record for it seams like 5-6 years and it realy piss's me off i havent written to them explaining that what they get up on there computer screen is wrong so here's the word of warning

FACIA ADAPTOR
Rav 4 2000+

LOOM ADAPTOR
Rav 4 2000+, Cleica 2000+, MR2 Non-active

Any of the above will fit but none other will! be warned   s:P :P s:P

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Buster"halfords have not updated there MR2 record for it seams like 5-6 years and it realy piss's me off i havent written to them explaining that what they get up on there computer screen is wrong so here's the word of warning

FACIA ADAPTOR
Rav 4 2000+

LOOM ADAPTOR
Rav 4 2000+, Cleica 2000+, MR2 Non-active

Any of the above will fit but none other will! be warned   s:P :P s:P
I have ordered a Facia adapter but what do you need the loom adapter for? Will it be needed for any upgrade or for certain HU manufacturers?
Cheers,
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Slacey

Quote from: "heathstimpson"I have ordered a Facia adapter but what do you need the loom adapter for? Will it be needed for any upgrade or for certain HU manufacturers?
Cheers,
You need it for any H/U upgrade as they all use ISO standard connectors, whereas Toyota, an the other hand, do not   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"I have ordered a Facia adapter but what do you need the loom adapter for? Will it be needed for any upgrade or for certain HU manufacturers?
Cheers,
You need it for any H/U upgrade as they all use ISO standard connectors, whereas Toyota, an the other hand, do not   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Cheers for that.  s:P :P s:P   Typical that the bloke at Halfords didn't advise. I just assumed it was ISO.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

You use two leads one which comes with the H/U which gose from the manufactures plug i.e pioneer or alpine etc to ISO then you get another harness from ISO to the manufacture and amke of thecar i.e Toyota MR2 it's the only way the ICE indusrty seams to think that it can work   s:P :P s:P   but there are other wayz

Like blue tooth   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Buster"Like blue tooth   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Buster, I like the way you think...

Tags: